I am thinking of have my Series 2 Engine rejuvented by VSE in Wales. Do any members have any comments about the above company.
VSE
Snowey,
There is a post in the general section that mentions VSE. I have copied it and posted it below.
Over the years I have heard some good and bad stories about them. I have 3 friends who had their engines done there. One is very happy with it, one is happy but the engine was damaged when it arrived at his house.
The other has had problems and has sent it back for repairs. They have been very good with him and did what was required.
On the JDC E-type forum there are more bad stories than good.
Personally I would contact Rob Beere and chat to him, he is a nice friendly guy who will advise you accordingly and work to your budget.
You should talk to them in person and then talk about payment options .
Dave
Is there anybody that remembers seeing an artical about a catch tank that somebody had made to catch the oil that leaked from their rear crank seal?
I had my engine rebuilt by VSE (nightmare) and I still have a leaking rear seal, having spent £8500 on various items, engine, gearbox etc I cannot afford an engine out job again. I know this will be seen as bodge but it worked, there was a plug in it so it could drained now and then.
Many thanks
John
There is a post in the general section that mentions VSE. I have copied it and posted it below.
Over the years I have heard some good and bad stories about them. I have 3 friends who had their engines done there. One is very happy with it, one is happy but the engine was damaged when it arrived at his house.
The other has had problems and has sent it back for repairs. They have been very good with him and did what was required.
On the JDC E-type forum there are more bad stories than good.
Personally I would contact Rob Beere and chat to him, he is a nice friendly guy who will advise you accordingly and work to your budget.
You should talk to them in person and then talk about payment options .
Dave
Is there anybody that remembers seeing an artical about a catch tank that somebody had made to catch the oil that leaked from their rear crank seal?
I had my engine rebuilt by VSE (nightmare) and I still have a leaking rear seal, having spent £8500 on various items, engine, gearbox etc I cannot afford an engine out job again. I know this will be seen as bodge but it worked, there was a plug in it so it could drained now and then.
Many thanks
John
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests