shiming of exhaust valves

Moderators:iRS, Art1012

jmgtaylor
Posts:33
Joined:Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:39 am
Location:North Yorkshire
shiming of exhaust valves

Postby jmgtaylor » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:39 pm

Just had new seats in the exhaust valves, and new valves, lapped them in and now shiming up.

Trouble is can only seem to get shims to 110 thou (Z stamping), I need 3 that are larger, 121, 116 and 112 though for 3 of the new valves.

Does anyone know of anywhere that stocks larger shims in the sizes above?.

Only other option is to grind down the valve seats a little further (by 21, 16 and 2 though more) so that I can get away with 110 though shims. but I am not keen to do this as I'll have to strip me head again not that thats to much of a problem really.

User avatar
DaveK
Posts:139
Joined:Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:45 pm
Location:Worcs
Contact:

Postby DaveK » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:51 pm

Try giving Rob Beere racing a ring in Coventry 024 7647 3311.
I had a box full of large shims but they seem to be doing the rounds at the moment and I don't know who has them now.

Dave


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests