Has any member any experience of using the above sports cams in a 4.2 series 1.5 E type on the road. Cam lift is 10.54mm and duration is 282 Deg?
Kent Cams Jag 2
I haven't any experience of using the Kent cams but I did fit some race cams to my 3.8 that had a .450" lift can't remember the duration off hand I also have 7/8" inlet valves with 3/4" exhaust gas flowed head along with 6 branch st.st long manifolds, ITG air filter and other mods.
I found the cams only worked over a short range under the 2500 rpm the car became difficult to drive it would jump and jerk around but on tick over sounded great. I had Rob Beere look at the car and he said the only way he could make them work was to fit Webber's.
I didn't want to go that far so changed them for series 3 XJ cams and they are a lot better.
Probably doesn't help you a lot but thought I'd share my experience of the wilder type of cam.
Dave
I found the cams only worked over a short range under the 2500 rpm the car became difficult to drive it would jump and jerk around but on tick over sounded great. I had Rob Beere look at the car and he said the only way he could make them work was to fit Webber's.
I didn't want to go that far so changed them for series 3 XJ cams and they are a lot better.
Probably doesn't help you a lot but thought I'd share my experience of the wilder type of cam.
Dave
Dave
Thanks for your experience. I have just reduced the overlap slightly and increased the tick over (cheating!) 900 rpm. Engine tick over much smoother and really goes upto 3000 rpm and probably goes as well to the redline as standard cams. I guess if I fit an extracter exhaust manifold that would help. The head I am using is a series 3 XJ head with the bigger valves.
Nick
Thanks for your experience. I have just reduced the overlap slightly and increased the tick over (cheating!) 900 rpm. Engine tick over much smoother and really goes upto 3000 rpm and probably goes as well to the redline as standard cams. I guess if I fit an extracter exhaust manifold that would help. The head I am using is a series 3 XJ head with the bigger valves.
Nick
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests