Hi - I'm currently having intermittent ignition problems with my car, hopefully will get resolved shortly, but being intermittent its only possible to test the car on a drive - and there is always the possibility that I'll need to get towed.
I'm concerned that if that happens, I obviously dont want the chance of any damage being done. I dont know where a tow strap should be attached, and I suspect, neither would the average recovery driver....
Help welcome, although I hope ill never need to use it!
Thanks
Steve
towing etype v12 roadster
Re: towing etype v12 roadster
Hi Steve,
Somewhere I have seen the answer to this but cannot find it.
It involved putting a web sling with two eyes between the bottom front wishbones, joining them in the middle front with a safety hook or similar to form a triangulated shape with the sling, and then connecting the towing strap / chain to the safety hook.
Hope this makes sense and helps.
Perhaps it will jog someone's memory?
Regards
Roger
Somewhere I have seen the answer to this but cannot find it.
It involved putting a web sling with two eyes between the bottom front wishbones, joining them in the middle front with a safety hook or similar to form a triangulated shape with the sling, and then connecting the towing strap / chain to the safety hook.
Hope this makes sense and helps.
Perhaps it will jog someone's memory?
Regards
Roger
Re: towing etype v12 roadster
Hi Steve,
Some makes of cars with automatic transmissions don't recommend towing with the rear wheels on the ground ( such as a BMW 528 i used to own) as this could drive the geabox internals without the fluid coupling rotating. Please check your owners handbook to see if there is any recomendations about taking precautions towing your S3.
It is common for automatic cars to be turned round, and with the rear wheels off the ground, towed backwards. This is to prevent potential damage to the gearbox.
Cheers
Art
Some makes of cars with automatic transmissions don't recommend towing with the rear wheels on the ground ( such as a BMW 528 i used to own) as this could drive the geabox internals without the fluid coupling rotating. Please check your owners handbook to see if there is any recomendations about taking precautions towing your S3.
It is common for automatic cars to be turned round, and with the rear wheels off the ground, towed backwards. This is to prevent potential damage to the gearbox.
Cheers
Art
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

