Page 1 of 1

Problems logging in

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:49 pm
by DaveK
I have the JEC forum saved to my favourites so I click JEC and it takes me to the page where all the BB's are, I click E-Type forum go there and this has started to appear:

You have specified an incorrect or inactive username, or an invalid password.

Click Here to try again

Click Here to return to the Index

I then go back and click member zone to reload the page click E-Type BB again and it works. Why has this suddenly happened.
I am using IE 8 on compatibility setting.

Dave

To all members experiencing log-in problems

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:03 am
by webman
If you are experiencing log-in problems with any JEC site or BB, rather than posting a comment on the BB in question, it would better be done by e-mailing the gate-keeper!

A link to a webman mail form exists on all Forums (contacts page).

It is, perhaps, natural to assume that any problem is the fault of the software. However, I have checked the relevant scripts and login data and nothing appears amiss.

Indeed, if I log in as you Dave, all links are working as they should, everytime.

I am aware that there is a network problem, mostly affecting people using BT Internet as their ISP but it could easily have a wider impact.

From the error message you received and knowing that the login data is the same at either end of the link, I would suggest that there is a network transport problem outside JEC control.