Hi I have eventually managed to log in to site ;
I recently purchased a series 1 FHC which has undergone various upgrades.
One upgrade which I feel necessary is the installation of a koolmat thermal insulation in the cockpit area as at times in my fixed head it has become unbearable.
Does anyone know where this product can be purchased in the uk and if so whether other members might be considering this option to get a discount.
Also any member who has views either way with this conversion as since the vehicle has recently had new carpets I would keep these but I am lacking the hardura carpet sections under the dash.
Any notes to add photo greatly appreciated
Thanks to JEC members who stopped to assist after my 1st outing trip to Goodwood XK 60 (throttle linkage now fixed correctly )
Regards
Graham
koolmat thermal insulation
Graham,
Not sure if this available in the UK though a suitable alternative should be available.
I used a type of sound deadening that has a silver foil on the outside along the tunnel and right out to where the bellhousing ends and it works great. Didn't use it anywhere else but my car is a roaster and the FHC may get warmer in hot weather.
If you try some of the racing outlets they should have a similar product I tried them before I just happened to come across some when i worked at a car factory
Dave
Not sure if this available in the UK though a suitable alternative should be available.
I used a type of sound deadening that has a silver foil on the outside along the tunnel and right out to where the bellhousing ends and it works great. Didn't use it anywhere else but my car is a roaster and the FHC may get warmer in hot weather.
If you try some of the racing outlets they should have a similar product I tried them before I just happened to come across some when i worked at a car factory
Dave
koolmat thermal insulation
Cheers Dave
I have looked at these products and was sceptical about the effectiveness of reducing the temperature.
Interesting to know that it does.
I have looked at these products and was sceptical about the effectiveness of reducing the temperature.
Interesting to know that it does.
Graham,
I think the idea of the stuff is that the shiny surface reflects the heat. It is very effective I can vouch for that and if you ever look on the E-Type section of jag-lovers and search the archives you will see it has rave reviews.
It is also very effective sound deadening.
Its not cheap but what is when you have an E-Type but well worth the effort buying and fitting.
I had a search on the web and couldn't find anywhere in the UK but found a site in the States which sells a dedicated E-Type kit for $377, then you have to add shipping and VAT.
http://www.southgatebritish.com/jaguar- ... t-kit.html
When I was looking for something similar years ago I did find a place called Nimbus motor sport the price then (around year 2000) was £69.59 + vat for a sheet 36" x 40". The phone number is 01377 217888. Not sure if they are still there but maybe worth a try.
Dave
I think the idea of the stuff is that the shiny surface reflects the heat. It is very effective I can vouch for that and if you ever look on the E-Type section of jag-lovers and search the archives you will see it has rave reviews.
It is also very effective sound deadening.
Its not cheap but what is when you have an E-Type but well worth the effort buying and fitting.
I had a search on the web and couldn't find anywhere in the UK but found a site in the States which sells a dedicated E-Type kit for $377, then you have to add shipping and VAT.
http://www.southgatebritish.com/jaguar- ... t-kit.html
When I was looking for something similar years ago I did find a place called Nimbus motor sport the price then (around year 2000) was £69.59 + vat for a sheet 36" x 40". The phone number is 01377 217888. Not sure if they are still there but maybe worth a try.
Dave
Hi
A little late in response to your original question, but I have used a product called Dynamat, made by Xtreme. I typed it into E Bay and found a couple of outlets. Not cheap but I think none of these type of products are. Its good at sound deadening and reducing transmission tunnel transfer heat. Its applied sticky surface down on the inside of the car, leaving a tin foil type surface facing up.
It was effective in a 2+2 I had and less so in a roadster, or perhaps just felt less effective because it was a roadster, anyway best of luck.
600
A little late in response to your original question, but I have used a product called Dynamat, made by Xtreme. I typed it into E Bay and found a couple of outlets. Not cheap but I think none of these type of products are. Its good at sound deadening and reducing transmission tunnel transfer heat. Its applied sticky surface down on the inside of the car, leaving a tin foil type surface facing up.
It was effective in a 2+2 I had and less so in a roadster, or perhaps just felt less effective because it was a roadster, anyway best of luck.
600
Hi Dave
Have fitted the dynamatt and this has indeed reduced the heat transfer into the cabin.
It involved a lot of contortionist work but was well worth the effort; if this was undertaken by an upholsterer I believe it would involve quite a few hours labour.
Seats have been upholstered & an airpad lumbar support installed in seat which is not visible until seat tilted forward.

Have fitted the dynamatt and this has indeed reduced the heat transfer into the cabin.
It involved a lot of contortionist work but was well worth the effort; if this was undertaken by an upholsterer I believe it would involve quite a few hours labour.
Seats have been upholstered & an airpad lumbar support installed in seat which is not visible until seat tilted forward.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests