Hi everybody.
I've tried searching online already.
I am trying to find out how many 1966 series 1 2+2 rhd manuals are left,and what value would you put on one in fair/good condition and matching numbers too.
Thank you for any feedback.
Best regards
Neil.
How many left/value
- greensimonc

- Posts:106
- Joined:Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:10 pm
Re: How many left/value
Hi Neil,
As an owner of one myself (but auto) I've been pondering this....as far as I can tell there are many records of how many were built, and registers of those that still exist (for those that have bothered to register!) but I don't think I've come across anything that records how many are left, and I don't really see how that could be attained given that not all are registered in the first place!
As to value, there's a difference between what you might insure it for (£50kish ?) vs what you might actually achieve when selling.
Cheers, Simon.
As an owner of one myself (but auto) I've been pondering this....as far as I can tell there are many records of how many were built, and registers of those that still exist (for those that have bothered to register!) but I don't think I've come across anything that records how many are left, and I don't really see how that could be attained given that not all are registered in the first place!
As to value, there's a difference between what you might insure it for (£50kish ?) vs what you might actually achieve when selling.
Cheers, Simon.
'66 E Type Series 1, 4.2l 2+2 Auto
MY23 E Pace P300e R Dynamic SE AWD PHEV
Tiger Cat E1
gone and much missed:
'63 reg XF Sportbrake 3.0 v6 Diesel S Premium Luxury
MY23 E Pace P300e R Dynamic SE AWD PHEV
Tiger Cat E1
gone and much missed:
'63 reg XF Sportbrake 3.0 v6 Diesel S Premium Luxury
Re: How many left/value
As we know, it's really difficult to pin down numbers of each car, particularly because of the fairly random way that manufacturers chose to use model designation words on the V5 records.
As a rough guess, using the website howmanyleft.co.uk (which is not infallible!) it would SEEM that there might be the following number of non-convertible 1966 E-Types registered in the UK
234 licensed
64 on SORN
Cheers
Paul
As a rough guess, using the website howmanyleft.co.uk (which is not infallible!) it would SEEM that there might be the following number of non-convertible 1966 E-Types registered in the UK
234 licensed
64 on SORN
Cheers
Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
Re: How many left/value
Hi
As a new owner of an E Type I would also like to know "how many left and values" I have just purchased a 1971 2+2 V12 manual in BRG.
I have looked on JEC web site but cannot find if JEC offer a valuation service, it would be well worth paying for a professional
valuation from JEC for all sorts of reasons.
Regards
Vince
As a new owner of an E Type I would also like to know "how many left and values" I have just purchased a 1971 2+2 V12 manual in BRG.
I have looked on JEC web site but cannot find if JEC offer a valuation service, it would be well worth paying for a professional
valuation from JEC for all sorts of reasons.
Regards
Vince
-
MikeNewton

- Posts:6
- Joined:Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:14 am
Re: How many left/value
Vince
Sorry for the late reply. Lockdown is enabling me to catch up with items on the Forum.
If you haven’t already found it there was an excellent article in one of last autumns Jaguar Enthusiast magazines, in the Mike Owen Investigates section, on the valuation service offered by the JEC.
Mike
Sorry for the late reply. Lockdown is enabling me to catch up with items on the Forum.
If you haven’t already found it there was an excellent article in one of last autumns Jaguar Enthusiast magazines, in the Mike Owen Investigates section, on the valuation service offered by the JEC.
Mike
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests