Hi, Ive been on the forum but joined today after talking with Art Lawrence at the Silverstone Classic on Saturday. Nice to find somebody who has done so much themselves on their car and so helpful with pointers.
I have a 1966 series 1, 2+2 which I bought at auction 12 months ago which had been in a barn for 10yrs following a failed restoration. Im now mid repair of most of the underside having removed engnine, front and rear subframes etc. I sort of know what Im doing !! - but have not done E type before, mainly Triumphs.
1E50285 reg number DSO 672E started its life being supplied to Rossleigh Jaguar in Aberdeen , first owned being F Shower and Sons. Dark pearlecent blue with sunroof and grey leather which is what I intend putting it back to.
Any info on the car gratefully received as Im sure will be advice when I get stuck putting it back together .
Thanks , Chris Wynne , Warwickshire.
New Starter with s1 2+2 , DSO 672E
Re: New Starter with s1 2+2 , DSO 672E
Hi Chris,
I have just finished (I say finished but they are never finished) a restoration of a series 2 fhc, MOT'd last week, I to had triumphs previously (Herald, TR6). I am in Redditch so any time I can help let me know.
I was at Silverstone what a great day it was and was impressed with the number of Jags that turned up.
Mark
I have just finished (I say finished but they are never finished) a restoration of a series 2 fhc, MOT'd last week, I to had triumphs previously (Herald, TR6). I am in Redditch so any time I can help let me know.
I was at Silverstone what a great day it was and was impressed with the number of Jags that turned up.
Mark
Re: New Starter with s1 2+2 , DSO 672E
Hi Mark - as well as trying to find some history Im at a cross roads in body restoration, in that Im now getting to more important bits that show up my welding inexperience. I'm looking at the engine bay firewall where the upper/outer engine frame mounts and thinking I should handover to somebody. I would be happy to find out if you or anybody else has done this themselves or if you recommend any suppliers in the midlands . my email is cwynne68@googlemail.com if this isnt the place to chat on such things
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest