Afternoon All, I have a series 1 FHC 4.2. Despite much elbow grease the wheels could do with refurbishment/replacement. Speaking to various people it seems that refurbishment is uneconomical, so I'm looking at replacements. Does anyone have any experience of decent quality wheels - I've spoken to someone at MWS and they seem good?
Thanks in advance for any experience.
Steve.
Replacement wire wheels
Re: Replacement wire wheels
Well Steve, as you see, it takes a while to get responses here
I'm having a S2 4.2 restored and it will be fitted with new wheels. I had the option to go with SS wires but as you know, wires are pretty difficult to keep clean. SS wires do not have quite the brightness of chrome wires but they will be much easier to clean as you can just use a jet wash. However it's still a problem.
So I'm going for Dunlop style D-type wheels from Realm and as far as I can tell, these are quite a lot less expensive than SS wires and they will be much easier to keep clean. They will certainly look good too
Have a look.
I'm having a S2 4.2 restored and it will be fitted with new wheels. I had the option to go with SS wires but as you know, wires are pretty difficult to keep clean. SS wires do not have quite the brightness of chrome wires but they will be much easier to clean as you can just use a jet wash. However it's still a problem.
So I'm going for Dunlop style D-type wheels from Realm and as far as I can tell, these are quite a lot less expensive than SS wires and they will be much easier to keep clean. They will certainly look good too
Have a look.
JerryL
1970 E-Type S2 FHC. Dark Blue with Red interior. MX5 seats. Mazda MX-5 2.0l Sports car.
R/C flying models: Seagull DH88 Mosquito, SJM Xcalibur Jet Turbine, Flair Cub, Waco Biplane, Alula, Moth, Wizard Compact 2.5m composite glider.
1970 E-Type S2 FHC. Dark Blue with Red interior. MX5 seats. Mazda MX-5 2.0l Sports car.
R/C flying models: Seagull DH88 Mosquito, SJM Xcalibur Jet Turbine, Flair Cub, Waco Biplane, Alula, Moth, Wizard Compact 2.5m composite glider.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests