Hi
My insurer, NFU has requested that my 1973 Roadster be fitted with a Thatcham Category 2 Alarm and Immobiliser system.
Whilst it is oft said ‘if you can start it you can have it with classic cars’ that appears not to be enough anymore.
Has anyone else come across this requirement and also can anyone recommend a fitting company, feel it needs someone who understands E-Types or classic cars in general.
Many thanks.
Thatcham Category 2 Alarm
Re: Thatcham Category 2 Alarm
Hi jm.nottt335, A Thatcham Category 2 Alarm is nothing much more than an immobiliser, and can be fitted very easily by a home mechanic so I am wondering what your issue might be. If you are unsure of what "Thatcham Alarms" are, see the RAC website explanation by following the safe link below.
https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/buyi ... car-alarm/
If you want to protect your pride and joy, the highest grade of Thatcham should be fitted (7), not because your insurer tells you to do so.
Jim Mann
https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/buyi ... car-alarm/
If you want to protect your pride and joy, the highest grade of Thatcham should be fitted (7), not because your insurer tells you to do so.
Jim Mann
Jim Mann
Banchory
Banchory
Re: Thatcham Category 2 Alarm
FWIW, some years ago my insurer wanted to see the Thatcham certification note from the installer, and so I had to take my car to a professional to check the immobiliser installation and issue the cert. The immobiliser came with the car when I bought it second hand years previously.
1986 XJ6 Sovereign Series III
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
