Fire extinguishers

Moderators:iRS, Art1012

User avatar
iRS

Moderator
Posts:226
Joined:Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:24 pm
Location:Aberdeenshire
Contact:
Fire extinguishers

Postby iRS » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:49 pm

At the recent E-Type seminar David Marks made the good point that given the value of all E-types these days, we are all foolish to not be carrying a fire extinguisher. My problem, in an early flat floor car, is space.

However, that problem may now be overcome. I was at the Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble yesterday and there was a vendor selling a new type of device based on Nano technology. The key thing is that it is small, yet the equivalent of a 2 1/2kg normal one. I reckon it will fit in the passenger's cubbyhole and, if not, in front of the driver seat. I hopefully will never be able to vouch for its effectiveness, but am assured it is superior to any conventional sort, leaving no residue and more fire extinguishing ability than a normal one.

The website seems to be: http://www.firetool.co.uk

I am not connected in any way and know nothing more than I gleaned when briefly dropping by the stall yesterday, but hopefully this may be of interest.
Roger S
Aberdeenshire
E-TYPE MODEL SECTION COORDINATOR

Early E
1976 XJ-S - original factory manual. Currently in many pieces.
X350 - 2005 Super V8
1962 MGB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests