Hi, This is my first post and it's a question about carbs and manifolds. I have just bought a lhd 2+2 from the USA and want to change the twin strombergs for triple SU's. I have the chance of a set of carbs but they are on a manifold for a 420g engine, being a bit green at the moment I do not know if this manifold will fit my 1969 4.2 or wether I need a specific manifold.
Thanks in advance
Mark
4.2 Manifold
Re: 4.2 Manifold
Hi Mark,
It will probably fit but you will not be able to close the bonnet. The E Type 4.2 litre inlet manifold is angled downwards to allow the triple carbs to fit under the bonnet. Hope thats of some help.
Good luck with your conversion.
Paul.
It will probably fit but you will not be able to close the bonnet. The E Type 4.2 litre inlet manifold is angled downwards to allow the triple carbs to fit under the bonnet. Hope thats of some help.
Good luck with your conversion.
Paul.
Re: 4.2 Manifold
Hi Mark /Paul,
I would image that carbs and manifolds are getting more difficult to obtain, well, at sensible prices. As you say the manifold is not suitable but the carbs could be useful if the price is right.
The Mk10/420G had an electric choke, do any E types use the electric choke or are they all manual chokes ?
I saw an E type manifold complete with carbs and linkage at Stoneliegh earlier this year. All highly polished on a stand at over a £1000 which struck me as a bit over the top. I would hope to achieve the same result at far less a cost
Regards Oldtimer
I would image that carbs and manifolds are getting more difficult to obtain, well, at sensible prices. As you say the manifold is not suitable but the carbs could be useful if the price is right.
The Mk10/420G had an electric choke, do any E types use the electric choke or are they all manual chokes ?
I saw an E type manifold complete with carbs and linkage at Stoneliegh earlier this year. All highly polished on a stand at over a £1000 which struck me as a bit over the top. I would hope to achieve the same result at far less a cost
Regards Oldtimer
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
