I need to jack the car up at the front and remember reading about damage that can be done if you dont use a weight spreader. Any info gratefully accepted plus wher to fit the spreader. I need to replace clutch slave unit
jon
weight spreader for jacking
-
stuarthardy

- Posts:488
- Joined:Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 pm
- Location:North Shropshire
Re: weight spreader for jacking
Hi Jon
You need a length of 2" x 1" (50 x 25mm) approx timber about 15" (375mm) long, which will sit nicely in the groove of the picture frame between the front lower wishbone mounts. You then jack directly onto that, being careful to ensure you have the jack sufficiently central to ensure it balances nicely.
I have a piece of oak that I use for this purpose as it is good and strong and won't rot easily. I also have a 9" square piece of 1" thick oak for jacking under the rear axle.
Hope this helps you.
Regards
You need a length of 2" x 1" (50 x 25mm) approx timber about 15" (375mm) long, which will sit nicely in the groove of the picture frame between the front lower wishbone mounts. You then jack directly onto that, being careful to ensure you have the jack sufficiently central to ensure it balances nicely.
I have a piece of oak that I use for this purpose as it is good and strong and won't rot easily. I also have a 9" square piece of 1" thick oak for jacking under the rear axle.
Hope this helps you.
Regards
Stuart
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests