Hi folks
I couldn't help but notice that the E type forum seems a lot less busy than the S type forum…
Do member follow these threads if so I'd like to say hello.
I have owned my E type for about two years now.. and I enjoy it immensly.
it there anybody out there?
Is this forum running
2007 S Type SE 2.7D
1968 Series 2 E Type 4.2
1968 Series 2 E Type 4.2
- jBlackwell

- Posts:1055
- Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
- Location:Cwmbran
Re: Is this forum running
Hi Rich,
This forum is running. Some of our online forums are more popular than others where some of our magazine forums are more popular.
Art has recently taken over and is doing some great work findings ways to get all you E-Type owners together and enjoying some E-Type specific time.
It is a bit snow ball effect, the more people talk and interact, the more it will generate traffic. So hello and keep posting and talking.
James
(Not an E-Type owner
)
This forum is running. Some of our online forums are more popular than others where some of our magazine forums are more popular.
Art has recently taken over and is doing some great work findings ways to get all you E-Type owners together and enjoying some E-Type specific time.
It is a bit snow ball effect, the more people talk and interact, the more it will generate traffic. So hello and keep posting and talking.
James
(Not an E-Type owner
James
2008 XF 4.2 ltr SV8.
Planet X Pro Carbon.
Planet X EC-130.
2008 XF 4.2 ltr SV8.
Planet X Pro Carbon.
Planet X EC-130.
- raysearles

- Posts:397
- Joined:Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 pm
Re: Is this forum running
Hello Rich
I'm around too, and I am a series III owner - as James says the traffic here ebbs and flows according to the topic but we do have a lot of active participants so if you have any query post it in the forum first and you will usually get a reply...
Had mine 15 years, and can;t wait to get it out once Spring is sprung - its in a carcoon in the garage at present.
We have a new E Type Co-ordinator for this forum now so you might see activity start to rise over the coming months..
Enjoy the legend we are merely custodians not owners....
I'm around too, and I am a series III owner - as James says the traffic here ebbs and flows according to the topic but we do have a lot of active participants so if you have any query post it in the forum first and you will usually get a reply...
Had mine 15 years, and can;t wait to get it out once Spring is sprung - its in a carcoon in the garage at present.
We have a new E Type Co-ordinator for this forum now so you might see activity start to rise over the coming months..
Enjoy the legend we are merely custodians not owners....
Ray
JEC Events Chairman
2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)
JEC Events Chairman
2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)
Re: Is this forum running
Hi Ray
Nice to here from a fellow custodian Very true about not owning .....
Like yourself I just can't wait for the nicer weather....
Regards Rich
Nice to here from a fellow custodian Very true about not owning .....
Like yourself I just can't wait for the nicer weather....
Regards Rich
2007 S Type SE 2.7D
1968 Series 2 E Type 4.2
1968 Series 2 E Type 4.2
-
stuarthardy

- Posts:488
- Joined:Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 pm
- Location:North Shropshire
Re: Is this forum running
Hi Rich
Some pictures of your car would be nice. Is it a coupe or a roadster?
Regards
Some pictures of your car would be nice. Is it a coupe or a roadster?
Regards
Stuart
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
Re: Is this forum running
Hello Rich ( and all other E Type owners )
I am hoping to complete the purchase of my dream car next Wed. It is a 1964 S1 OTS. If all goes to plan delivery will be in April then I will no doubt be adding to the posts on this site as I try to get to grips with the car so get ready for lots of silly questions for which I apologise in advance !!!
Reg
I am hoping to complete the purchase of my dream car next Wed. It is a 1964 S1 OTS. If all goes to plan delivery will be in April then I will no doubt be adding to the posts on this site as I try to get to grips with the car so get ready for lots of silly questions for which I apologise in advance !!!
Reg
- jBlackwell

- Posts:1055
- Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
- Location:Cwmbran
Re: Is this forum running
No such thing as a silly question!!
Re: Is this forum running
Ok Here are a couple of pics of my e type..
Id love to see others too..
Regards
Rich
Id love to see others too..
Regards
Rich
- Attachments
-
- IMG_0007.jpg (20.98KiB)Viewed 6388 times
-
- IMG_0011.jpg (20.65KiB)Viewed 6388 times
2007 S Type SE 2.7D
1968 Series 2 E Type 4.2
1968 Series 2 E Type 4.2
- raysearles

- Posts:397
- Joined:Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 pm
Re: Is this forum running
Nice pictures and an interesting colour combo,
Ray
JEC Events Chairman
2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)
JEC Events Chairman
2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)
-
stuarthardy

- Posts:488
- Joined:Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 pm
- Location:North Shropshire
Re: Is this forum running
Nice!
I love to see the OTS with a hard top on.
You're a lucky man, Rich
Regards
I love to see the OTS with a hard top on.
You're a lucky man, Rich
Regards
Stuart
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
Re: Is this forum running
Hello Chaps, well Wednesday came to pass and I am now the very proud ( and very poor ) owner of my own 1964 S1 OTS E-Type.
It is being delivered early April so expect a series of "what is this, how do we do that" etc
Reg
It is being delivered early April so expect a series of "what is this, how do we do that" etc
Reg
-
stuarthardy

- Posts:488
- Joined:Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 pm
- Location:North Shropshire
Re: Is this forum running
Congratulations Reg, welcome to the world of E-Type ownership. You should have it for Drive It Day, which will be good.
Regards
Regards
Stuart
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
Re: Is this forum running
Stuart,
Thanks for the kind message. Yes, I am really looking forward to getting to grips with the car. I hope to be doing Drive it Day along the N.Norfolk coast from Sherringham ending up at Sandringham for tea with Her Majesty.
Reg
Thanks for the kind message. Yes, I am really looking forward to getting to grips with the car. I hope to be doing Drive it Day along the N.Norfolk coast from Sherringham ending up at Sandringham for tea with Her Majesty.
Reg
-
stuarthardy

- Posts:488
- Joined:Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 pm
- Location:North Shropshire
Re: Is this forum running
You're welcome Reg.
You're privileged to own such a car and now you're rubbing shoulders with Royalty too. Can't be bad!
My Drive It Day will be fun and interesting but, unfortunately, not in a Jaguar.
Regards
You're privileged to own such a car and now you're rubbing shoulders with Royalty too. Can't be bad!
My Drive It Day will be fun and interesting but, unfortunately, not in a Jaguar.
Regards
Stuart
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
Re: Is this forum running
Hi all,
Yes the forum is running. I think that part of the reason that posts are slow is that of all the thousands of E-types produced, we only have around 300 owners in the club who have registered thei cars with JEC so we are a small number in comparison to other models.
As the relatively new E-type forum coordinator, after 5 months into the role I am slowly getting to grips with the demands for the magazine's column inches, and this is my priority at present. Through the forum pages in the magazine I hope to improve interest within the club, which should improve web forum activity in future. However at present I don't have admin rights on the web forum for technical reasons but things should improve when this is sorted. Meanwhile if you would like to contribute comments and materal to the club magazine, please contact me on art.lawrence@jec.org.uk
Cheers,
Art.
Yes the forum is running. I think that part of the reason that posts are slow is that of all the thousands of E-types produced, we only have around 300 owners in the club who have registered thei cars with JEC so we are a small number in comparison to other models.
As the relatively new E-type forum coordinator, after 5 months into the role I am slowly getting to grips with the demands for the magazine's column inches, and this is my priority at present. Through the forum pages in the magazine I hope to improve interest within the club, which should improve web forum activity in future. However at present I don't have admin rights on the web forum for technical reasons but things should improve when this is sorted. Meanwhile if you would like to contribute comments and materal to the club magazine, please contact me on art.lawrence@jec.org.uk
Cheers,
Art.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
