Page 1 of 1
First long trip in my X type
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:38 pm
by GreenyX
After I finished work today I drove home and then we loaded the X type up with the items we would need to take to our static caravan on Anglesey along with the wife the kids the dog and the 3 pet rats. We set off and made good time and ok fuel economy at 32 mpg in lite traffic. So for the next few days she is an X by the sea lol
Re: First long trip in my X type
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:39 pm
by GreenyX
Well the return trip was eventful with BH traffic and the D/H drivers brigade out the X behaving well. We only managed 27 mpg on the way back. The only issue we had was that she fogged her windows up I had to put air con on up the heat and drop the windows to clear them. Anyone have an idea why there are no leaks and all is dry?
Re: First long trip in my X type
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:22 pm
by GreenyX
I think I may have found the reason for the fogging. It looks like the air recirculating flap is in op. Looks like a common fault?
Re: First long trip in my X type
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:28 am
by jBlackwell
Hi Green,
Not sure about that one, I will speak to either Steve Cocks or David Marks and ask that question. Hope to have a reply for you.
James
Re: First long trip in my X type
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:54 pm
by GreenyX
Hi Green,
Not sure about that one, I will speak to either Steve Cocks or David Marks and ask that question. Hope to have a reply for you.
James
Thanks James
I think I have fixed it!
Pollen filter looked like it had been in since new! Also found a tecnical fix from Jaguar about the air re-cycle flap and the solenoid that controls it. The crux is the flap is made of cheap plastic so the plastic dowle from the solenoid wears the hole round. The fix......... Superglue! This was on the tec fix report from Jaguar (and ford)
Hope this helps someone else!
Dave