Page 1 of 1

X-Type 2008> Sovereign estate audio

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:51 am
by Delboy
Advice sought please. I have placed a deposit on a 2008 facelift X-Type Sovereign in the UK. I am in Australia at the moment so cant visit the car myself though I have had someone view the car on my behalf.
I have the appropriate Jaguar brochure for this car but it doesn't help with my query.
I have done a great deal of research myself on these cars and from what I understand, the Sovereign is fitted with the Jaguar Premium Sound system, part of which consists of a single slot CD player mounted beneath the touch screen and a large sub-woofer speaker on the drivers side wall in the boot.
From the info & photos I have of the car I want to buy, it is a facelift Sovereign estate first registered in June 2008, however it is fitted with a cassette deck in place of the single slot CD player and there is no sub-woofer speaker in the boot area.
There does appear to be a large Amp mounted in the rear inner N/S wing above the CD multi-changer & DVD player although it's difficult confirm it is an Amp as it's mounted with the base facing into the boot area.
Please can anyone assist me with when these vehicles were fitted with the sub-woofer speaker in the boot and why it would have a cassette deck in place of the single slot CD player?
My assumption is that a previous owner desired a cassette deck over a CD player and had an after market swap done, but surely there should be a sub woofer in the boot?
Question: If this car is indeed a facelift Sovereign with the Jag Premium Sound system, should it be possible to remove the cassette deck and replace with an OEM single slot CD player, and will I be able to retro fit an OEM sub-woofer speaker in the back, will the correct wiring be present?
Also, please can anyone tell me if such parts are still available to buy new from Jaguar dealers?
Thank you in anticipation.