Page 1 of 1
Tyres.
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:19 pm
by CGB
Hello everybody,
Just a general topic, I wil shortly be looking to have new tyres fitted to my 2.2 diesel X type saloon. SIZE = 225x45x17. Just wondered , does anyone have any preference / experience with different makes of tyres ? At the moment I have P zero tyres fitted.
Any advice going please. ?
Thanks. Chris Bartram.
Re: Tyres.
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:47 pm
by PaulRidley
Not a personal recommendation, but the 17's on my police X-Type have always been fitted with Dunlops - and it's been through a few sets according to the records.
Good enough for the police would suggest good enough for the rest of us
However the 18's on our estate have always been P Zeros....
Re: Tyres.
Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:58 pm
by CGB
Many thanks Paul, I'll take a look at the Dunlops down at my local Tyre dept.
Chris Bartram.
Re: Tyres.
Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:53 pm
by J44EAG
Dunlop Mxx is my favourite tyre on an S-type.
Quiet, hard wearing, grippy in the wet and reliable. I can get through tyres very rapidly if I try. The Dunlop lasts longer than any thing else I`ve run and is probably well worth the extra compared to the more budget type brands. They do everything it says on the box but the Dunlops seem to do it even better. No grumbles at all with them.
Mike
Re: Tyres.
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:38 pm
by CGB
Thanks for that Mike, Hoping to take a look sometime today. Chris.
Re: Tyres.
Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:07 pm
by CGB
Well, I've now got around to changing the tyres on my X type 2.2d SE. Having done a fair bit of research at some local tyre depots, mostly by asking for their opinions and looking at the new labels on various makes / prices etc. I was looking for value for money. ( I have a good reliable friend in the trade ) So, I have decided to go for a full set of Barum / made by Conti. I have to say these tyres are quite excellent so far and very much quieter than the original P zero's. Although the P Zero's did grip and wear well they did generate plenty of road noise.
Chris.