Page 1 of 1
Help with my new X Type
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:14 pm
by garynorm63439
Hi there forum friends, I wonder if anyone can help. I recently purchased a 2004 3.0 V6 AWD which is described on the log book as an Indianapolis. All the information points to an Indianapolis having a different spec to mine and I wondered if anyone can shed any light on this? From what I've read, for instance, an Indy should have half leather half alcantara trim but mine is all leather, mine is Zircon blue which isn't one of the colours listed for the Indy etc. If anyone can help I'd be very grateful

Re: Help with my new X Type
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:41 pm
by Astromorg
Try and get an Indianapolis brochure - there are a few on Ebay at the moment. That would allow you to see if there were any options offered on the colour and the seating materials. Exceptions to the Indy spec would be odd, noting that the 3 colours and unusual seat materials are specifically mentioned as features of the spec.
There should be an Indianapolis badge at the back, although one could easily have been added by a previous owner and the wheels should, of course, be 18 in Indianapolis style.
There are quite a few recorded instances of logbooks giving incorrect model designations. Usually this is associated with SE models and Sovereigns getting mixed up, but could easily be that yours is actually some other spec!
Contacting Jaguar or Jaguar Daimler Trust might also help, though there might be a cost to that or a data protection issue!
Re: Help with my new X Type
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:53 pm
by garynorm63439
Hi, well thanks for your reply! Maybe it is a mistake on the log book, to be fair to the seller he didn't advertise it as an Indianapolis and, as I'm new to the X Type and Jaguar as well, I haven't heard of an Indianapolis model before. I'll keep searching though as I'm now intrigued!