
Help with my new X Type
Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight
-
garynorm63439

- Posts:2
- Joined:Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:27 pm
Hi there forum friends, I wonder if anyone can help. I recently purchased a 2004 3.0 V6 AWD which is described on the log book as an Indianapolis. All the information points to an Indianapolis having a different spec to mine and I wondered if anyone can shed any light on this? From what I've read, for instance, an Indy should have half leather half alcantara trim but mine is all leather, mine is Zircon blue which isn't one of the colours listed for the Indy etc. If anyone can help I'd be very grateful 

Re: Help with my new X Type
Try and get an Indianapolis brochure - there are a few on Ebay at the moment. That would allow you to see if there were any options offered on the colour and the seating materials. Exceptions to the Indy spec would be odd, noting that the 3 colours and unusual seat materials are specifically mentioned as features of the spec.
There should be an Indianapolis badge at the back, although one could easily have been added by a previous owner and the wheels should, of course, be 18 in Indianapolis style.
There are quite a few recorded instances of logbooks giving incorrect model designations. Usually this is associated with SE models and Sovereigns getting mixed up, but could easily be that yours is actually some other spec!
Contacting Jaguar or Jaguar Daimler Trust might also help, though there might be a cost to that or a data protection issue!
There should be an Indianapolis badge at the back, although one could easily have been added by a previous owner and the wheels should, of course, be 18 in Indianapolis style.
There are quite a few recorded instances of logbooks giving incorrect model designations. Usually this is associated with SE models and Sovereigns getting mixed up, but could easily be that yours is actually some other spec!
Contacting Jaguar or Jaguar Daimler Trust might also help, though there might be a cost to that or a data protection issue!
2005 XK8 4.2-S Coupe
2024 XE 300 Sport
2024 XE 300 Sport
-
garynorm63439

- Posts:2
- Joined:Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:27 pm
Re: Help with my new X Type
Hi, well thanks for your reply! Maybe it is a mistake on the log book, to be fair to the seller he didn't advertise it as an Indianapolis and, as I'm new to the X Type and Jaguar as well, I haven't heard of an Indianapolis model before. I'll keep searching though as I'm now intrigued!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest