X-Type Horn Failure
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:40 am
Hi,
I am a now a proud owner of a 2007 X-Type Sovereign 2.2 Estate which I love to bits. I Have only had a couple of minor issues with the car so far (tailgate glass switch & new battery - all replaced under warranty)
However, I have one unsolved issue which is related to the twin horns located in front of the headlamps in the engine bay.
When I sound the horn a rather embarrassing weak and feeble sounding "beep" is emitted from the horns which can barely be heard from inside the car let alone from the outside!
I have checked the relays and all are ok, I assume the horns are connected as they do sound.
Has anyone ever come across this before? I assume this isn't right as I doubt Jaguar would let cars be produced with such a weak and pathetic horn?
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Chris
I am a now a proud owner of a 2007 X-Type Sovereign 2.2 Estate which I love to bits. I Have only had a couple of minor issues with the car so far (tailgate glass switch & new battery - all replaced under warranty)
However, I have one unsolved issue which is related to the twin horns located in front of the headlamps in the engine bay.
When I sound the horn a rather embarrassing weak and feeble sounding "beep" is emitted from the horns which can barely be heard from inside the car let alone from the outside!
I have checked the relays and all are ok, I assume the horns are connected as they do sound.
Has anyone ever come across this before? I assume this isn't right as I doubt Jaguar would let cars be produced with such a weak and pathetic horn?
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Chris