I have an 06 plate 2.2 diesel estate and the handbook seems to indicate that whe the car is locked and alarmed, it it possible via the alarm fob to open the tailgate without the alarm going off ( like opening the boot of a saloon to load shoppin etc), this is not so !! The alarm sounds every time. I have asked a main dealer if this is correct or is it a setting that can be altered via Autologic or similar - he didn't know and didn't give the impression he was going to ask Jaguar.
Anybody know the answer ?
Tailgate Alarm
Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight
-
Telsmoneypit

- Posts:157
- Joined:Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:32 am
On my estate one push of the fob button opens the drivers door, two opens the rest including the tailgate and glass.
I'd suggest there is something wrong with the system on your car if you can open the tailgate while the vehicle is locked and alarm enabled....
Don't bother asking Jaguar. The X-Type is finished and they now have bigger fish to fry. I hate to say it, but you might have more joy at a ford dealership. In reality the X shares more parts with the Mondeo than Jaguar were prepared to admit to.
Tel
I'd suggest there is something wrong with the system on your car if you can open the tailgate while the vehicle is locked and alarm enabled....
Don't bother asking Jaguar. The X-Type is finished and they now have bigger fish to fry. I hate to say it, but you might have more joy at a ford dealership. In reality the X shares more parts with the Mondeo than Jaguar were prepared to admit to.
Tel
As I understand it, the X -type is 10% Jaguar, 20% Ford and 70% from the general motor manufacturers parts bin. On the basis of that, it might be worth a chat with a good Ford mechanic.
I am unsure if disconnecting the battery for half and hour might reset and refresh the software on the X-type. It is a common way of clearing down strange faults on an S-type and works well on this model. Might be worth a try, but perhaps worth taking some advice first.
Mike Kennedy. JEC S-type Forum Co-ordinator.
I am unsure if disconnecting the battery for half and hour might reset and refresh the software on the X-type. It is a common way of clearing down strange faults on an S-type and works well on this model. Might be worth a try, but perhaps worth taking some advice first.
Mike Kennedy. JEC S-type Forum Co-ordinator.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

