Page 1 of 1

Instrument panel failure

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:02 pm
by Telsmoneypit
Car was running perfectly otherwise but I noticed I had no rev counter, speedo, fuel gauge or temp gauge. All other warning lights on the dash were working ok so I kept calm and carried on with the intention of investigating fuses later...

However, once shopping was done I went to start the car and magically all functions had returned!!

Any ideas?

Tel

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:47 pm
by J44EAG
You might have a dose of the dreaded Jaguar gremlins, Tel.

If the car was an S-type, I`d say this was pretty normal!!

Joking apart, I`ve solved so many problems on Jaguars, just by working or cleaning multiplugs. They really are notorious connection hot spots. Might be worth a poke around in the appropriate area if you get another failure.

Mike Kennedy. S-type Co-ordinator.