Something isn't quite right
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:30 am
After finally getting round to moving my X which I haven't driven for several months, there was a strange noise coming from the off-side front. At first I thought it was the brakes, so I went to jack the car off the ground. At this point, the front wheel didn't move up from the ground, no matter how far I jacked!
Upon further examination I peered under the wheel arch and discovered the spring wasn't sitting true.
I compared it with the near-side which I had replaced the other year and that looks how it is meant to look Photographs are taken whilst car was sitting on the ground, not jacked up.
Does anyone have any ideas, short of replacing the spring, of how to fix this? I was thinking putting in a call to the AA to see if they could assist.
Thanks in advance,
Richard
Upon further examination I peered under the wheel arch and discovered the spring wasn't sitting true.
I compared it with the near-side which I had replaced the other year and that looks how it is meant to look Photographs are taken whilst car was sitting on the ground, not jacked up.
Does anyone have any ideas, short of replacing the spring, of how to fix this? I was thinking putting in a call to the AA to see if they could assist.
Thanks in advance,
Richard