Scumbags
Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
Re: Scumbags
there are three saloons and two estates in my local traditional breakers
take it off yourself and pay about £30 i expect, non in that colour though i'm afraid
i would expect to pay about £250 all in to get it repaired by a bodyshop , the paint alone could cost £100 to £150 ??
damn shame
BB
take it off yourself and pay about £30 i expect, non in that colour though i'm afraid
i would expect to pay about £250 all in to get it repaired by a bodyshop , the paint alone could cost £100 to £150 ??
damn shame
BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
Re: Scumbags
Thanks BB, there are a few on eBay too which I will investigate.
Ironically the car was only on the road as I was putting the base down for the carport which I built to stop pigeons crapping all over it.
Ironically the car was only on the road as I was putting the base down for the carport which I built to stop pigeons crapping all over it.
Re: Scumbags
give Eddy a call at EuroJag 01325 722777, they may even colour match for you as they have dozens of X Types in stock
Re: Scumbags
Thanks Rob
I actually spoke to them yesterday about the antenna but they were out of stock; I'll give them a call.
I actually spoke to them yesterday about the antenna but they were out of stock; I'll give them a call.
Re: Scumbags
Eurojag are great guys. If they can provide what you need, they will do so without fuss or drama. I obtained a drivers door for J44 after a motor bike ploughed into me on a roundabout. Same colour supplied, fitted straight to the car and no one ever the wiser of that incident.
Make a note of your paint code, Vin Number and the part number. Trawling the net can often pop up some suitable parts and reasonable prices.
Sorry to see the damage. Most frustrating especially as the costs would have to be worn by yourself. Hopefully any replacement parts which with luck will be the right colour, will be less than the excess on your insurance. I`m adverse to making claims especially for relatively light damage. One always risks hidden policy price increases at renewal even for small value repairs or non fault claims.
Best of luck with the parts search.
Mike
Make a note of your paint code, Vin Number and the part number. Trawling the net can often pop up some suitable parts and reasonable prices.
Sorry to see the damage. Most frustrating especially as the costs would have to be worn by yourself. Hopefully any replacement parts which with luck will be the right colour, will be less than the excess on your insurance. I`m adverse to making claims especially for relatively light damage. One always risks hidden policy price increases at renewal even for small value repairs or non fault claims.
Best of luck with the parts search.
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Re: Scumbags
Thanks for the input and I totally agree; I'm insuring 4 cars so why should all 4 premiums go up because some tosser can't look where he/she is driving.
The village amateur detective society (note the lower case) has narrowed it down to a Hermes delivery van: 'You should phone them up!'
And say what exactly?
'One of your vans hit my car.'
'!Prove it'.
I send in (from to time) damage reports from vehicles that have been damaged in transit in my job and I was totally shocked when asking questions to the top man in the insurance department: the 'Insurers' take out insurance with another insurance company to limit their liability so that when a Fiesta runs amok and crashes in to the door of your Aston Martin DB4 Zagato (genuine one) that is tough titty. It is lucky that it didn't do the windscreen or the exhaust at the same time because then you would be screwed and have to stump up the rest yourself. I think that the repair bill to the Aston was about £19000. For a door.
Makes me cross sometimes.
Don't ever forget: when you sign the forms to take out your insurance (car, house, boat, pets, pretty face, booty) you think that you are dealing with an insurance company; you aren't, you are dealing with an insurance agent, not the person who decides what 'Risk' you are going to be.
So there.
On a brighter side, the weather has been lovely, sat in the garden this evening listening to the gentle sounds of blackbirds, swallows, passing cement trucks, haywains, Tesco delivery vans and the occasional Apache fluttering overhead.
An English Country Garden.
Love it.
The village amateur detective society (note the lower case) has narrowed it down to a Hermes delivery van: 'You should phone them up!'
And say what exactly?
'One of your vans hit my car.'
'!Prove it'.
I send in (from to time) damage reports from vehicles that have been damaged in transit in my job and I was totally shocked when asking questions to the top man in the insurance department: the 'Insurers' take out insurance with another insurance company to limit their liability so that when a Fiesta runs amok and crashes in to the door of your Aston Martin DB4 Zagato (genuine one) that is tough titty. It is lucky that it didn't do the windscreen or the exhaust at the same time because then you would be screwed and have to stump up the rest yourself. I think that the repair bill to the Aston was about £19000. For a door.
Makes me cross sometimes.
Don't ever forget: when you sign the forms to take out your insurance (car, house, boat, pets, pretty face, booty) you think that you are dealing with an insurance company; you aren't, you are dealing with an insurance agent, not the person who decides what 'Risk' you are going to be.
So there.
On a brighter side, the weather has been lovely, sat in the garden this evening listening to the gentle sounds of blackbirds, swallows, passing cement trucks, haywains, Tesco delivery vans and the occasional Apache fluttering overhead.
An English Country Garden.
Love it.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

