Steel wheel nuts?

Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight

User avatar
christopherspeed59
Posts:48
Joined:Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:49 pm
Location:Bridgend Mid-Glamorgan
Steel wheel nuts?

Postby christopherspeed59 » Sun May 16, 2010 6:53 pm

I have a full size steel spare wheel, if i had to use this would the alloy wheel nuts be o.k to use or should i have another set of nuts to suit the steel wheel?

BuckMR2
Posts:76
Joined:Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:36 pm
Location:County Durham
Contact:

Postby BuckMR2 » Sat May 22, 2010 4:28 am

Steel wheel nuts to Vin J04730 have part number C2S3280
Steel wheel nuts from Vin J04731 have part number C2S51129

I think alloy wheels have wheel nut part numbers C2S13886 (to Vin E90001) and C2C35294 (from Vin E90002) but worth double checking


Image
BuckMR2,
'07 X350 LWB Sovereign TDVi,
MAPPED,2008Grille,Stainless Bumper Grille,Piped leather,REDSTUFF CERAMIC PADS,20"Calistos,2010Nav
Kitchen Sink etc

gwj
Posts:32
Joined:Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Postby gwj » Sun May 23, 2010 9:57 pm

The space saver is a steel wheel, it has the taper in the stud holes for correct alignment. I'm pretty sure (without looking) the alloy wheel nuts have the taper to fit the steel wheels so should work just fine.
I stand corrected if i'm wrong of course.

Regards

G


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest