Hi,
Chris here from Galway Ireland.
I have a 2005 2.0 D which I recently purchased. I don't have a garage so I keep it outside in the driveway. It is my intention to keep the car long term....i.e. hopefully for 20 years. As the car is modern and fairly well sealed etc, if I keep it outside during the winter for next 2 years until I get a garage, will this reduce its life span by causing rust etc to the body and underside or does it really not matter with these modern cars.
I am looking out at torrrential rain this evening. I have a car cover but have not tried it yet. I surpose this would stop leaks thriugh the pollen filter etc but damness would still be under the car.
Any advice would be most welcome,m
Chris
Keeping a 2005 car outside..how to keep it in good condition
Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight
-
Telsmoneypit

- Posts:157
- Joined:Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:32 am
Hi Chris, the best advice I can offer is that you get the car waxoyled professionally and use your outdoor car cover on it.
Any dampness under the car will naturally be dried by the wind when parked outside. Once sealed in a garage this will not happen and could accelerate corrosion. A car port might be a better bet than a garage.
Tel
Any dampness under the car will naturally be dried by the wind when parked outside. Once sealed in a garage this will not happen and could accelerate corrosion. A car port might be a better bet than a garage.
Tel
Agree about the waxoyl
There are a number of companies doing this job now and usually under £350 which includes undersealing the underside of the car.
EG
http://www.thewaxworks.net/procedure.html
Use a good wax on the bodywork and if you wash the car yourself you will be able to keep an eye on it week after week
There are a number of companies doing this job now and usually under £350 which includes undersealing the underside of the car.
EG
http://www.thewaxworks.net/procedure.html
Use a good wax on the bodywork and if you wash the car yourself you will be able to keep an eye on it week after week

BuckMR2,
'07 X350 LWB Sovereign TDVi,
MAPPED,2008Grille,Stainless Bumper Grille,Piped leather,REDSTUFF CERAMIC PADS,20"Calistos,2010Nav
Kitchen Sink etc
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest