Brakes
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:20 pm
Just a short note - this is my first time on the BB. I've had my 2.5 Sport estate since 6k miles (it was a jag demonstrator) and at the 40k service I ws told I needed new front discs and pads (yes I give it some abuse.....).
Anyway, just to share my experience, I've fitted black diamond grooved and cross drilled discs with predator pads, and the results are positive, with more initial bite and almost no fade after repeated high speed braking. 1 added bonus - the pad material compound dosn't give off black brake dust, so now my front wheels stay nice and clean.
All this for less than the price of the standard replacement discs and pads from the main dealer!!!
I got mine from Demon Tweeks in North Wales - I would highly recommend this combination to anyone who needs to replace their brakes.
Cheers
James
Anyway, just to share my experience, I've fitted black diamond grooved and cross drilled discs with predator pads, and the results are positive, with more initial bite and almost no fade after repeated high speed braking. 1 added bonus - the pad material compound dosn't give off black brake dust, so now my front wheels stay nice and clean.
All this for less than the price of the standard replacement discs and pads from the main dealer!!!
I got mine from Demon Tweeks in North Wales - I would highly recommend this combination to anyone who needs to replace their brakes.
Cheers
James