X type transfer box oil leak
Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight
Just had MOT on my 2.5ltr 2003 AWD 40,000 mile approx it passed but the garage reported an oil leak from the transfer box. Unfortunately you can't check the oil level ( a design fault) so you have no idea how much is left in and I therfore have no choice but to get it fixed. The garage has guessed it will be about £300 to change both seals drain and refill the box. I would appreciate any comments on whether the price sounds reasonable or realistic. It seems quite low mileage for the seal to have gone have any others had the same problem?
Re: X type transfer box oil leak
Sorry year is 2007 not 2003
- PaulRidley
- Posts:37
- Joined:Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:01 pm
- Location:Powys
Re: X type transfer box oil leak
Yes, my 3.0 has a weep from the same source.
As it's a show car it gets little use so "It's not worth the bother / expense" I was informed...
Whether you do fix it or not is up to you, but I wouldn't want to replace the transfer box if it did go pop - that would be expensive.
Paul
As it's a show car it gets little use so "It's not worth the bother / expense" I was informed...
Whether you do fix it or not is up to you, but I wouldn't want to replace the transfer box if it did go pop - that would be expensive.
Paul
Paul Ridley
FOR SALE...
LL03 VAA
Merseyside Police Jaguar X-Type 3.0V6 AWD Sport
FOR SALE...
LL03 VAA
Merseyside Police Jaguar X-Type 3.0V6 AWD Sport
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest