I have taken off my rear driveshaft but cant get the new outer cv joint onto the driveshaft. Doesnt appear to be as easy as bob bates has suggested...ah any ideas dont want to resort to brute force with a hammer
speed sensor cv joint
Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight
It is blood y difficult i struggle still with them and have fitted plenty. you need to clean the splines on the drive shaft well and hold the spring clip closed whilst hammering on the joint. (try rapping a jubilee clip around the end of the shaft holding the clip closed and then remove it once the joint is on)
PM me if you are local to swindon and i may be able to help
Good luck
PM me if you are local to swindon and i may be able to help
Good luck
-
peasoupblu
- Posts:5
- Joined:Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:16 am
driveshaft saga continues
Thanks for your post
Saga continues as I managed to get the outer cv joint on using a combination of your advice a rubber hammer and a vice.
Been away so never really tested the job BUT......
Now have a knock when braking and wine when turning right. Oh ma head. Think the shaft will have to come off again. Only thing I forgot to do was replace old inner circlip with a new one! Can see much else wrong?
Saga continues as I managed to get the outer cv joint on using a combination of your advice a rubber hammer and a vice.
Been away so never really tested the job BUT......
Now have a knock when braking and wine when turning right. Oh ma head. Think the shaft will have to come off again. Only thing I forgot to do was replace old inner circlip with a new one! Can see much else wrong?
-
peasoupblu
- Posts:5
- Joined:Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:16 am
cv joint still causing problem
I have checked all nuts n bolts, hub nut needed a bit more torque (thought that might be it), problem still not cured. Car runs fine in a straight line but as soon as brakes applied feels like ABS even at stopping speed. When car turns right I hear a grind. Changed disc and pads so thats not the problem. Could the inner joint be damaged seemed Ok when I had shaft out. Would an inner joint problem cause these faults
Plan B remove driveshaft and just put back in....real pain!
Plan B remove driveshaft and just put back in....real pain!
If the abs is cutting in one of the wheel speed sensors is getting a currupt signal without an osciloscope or diagnostic machine it is very difficult to determin which one. i would check the other cv joint metal ring first or possibly a front wheel bearing or sensor harness.
I am still willing to have a look using my diag macine
I am still willing to have a look using my diag macine
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
