Dash info.

Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight

CGB
Posts:37
Joined:Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:54 pm
Dash info.

Postby CGB » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:37 pm

Hello all,
I have a lovely 2008 2.2 d X type, bought from a local dealer. It is about two and a half years old now. I have got a message on the info window telling me a service is required.
I have changed the engine oil and filter, fitted a new air filter and replaced the pollen filter, had a good look at things including the brakes and discs, tyres etc. all these are in good order and I am quite happy with things. Can someone tell me how to get rid of the service message ?
Love the car.
Best Regards, Chris Bartram.

SV8Predator
Posts:43
Joined:Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: Dash info.

Postby SV8Predator » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:56 pm

You will have too book it in to a Jaguar dealer for a service!

Seriously, it will need the service message 'reset' by Jaguar software or perhaps something compatible that an independent might have.

Hand-held fault code readers will not reset service warnings / lights. before you ask.

CGB
Posts:37
Joined:Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Re: Dash info.

Postby CGB » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:58 pm

With many thanks to Ian for his help and advice, I now report that my dash info query is now sorted.
Regards, Chris Bartram.

User avatar
almcl

Member
Posts:775
Joined:Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:56 pm
Location:Shropshire

Re: Dash info.

Postby almcl » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:07 pm

I now report that my dash info query is now sorted
Chris

If it won't offend 'the powers that be', can you indicate how you achieved this?
Al McL
'93 XJS 4.0 - '20 XF 2.0 Sportbrake

CGB
Posts:37
Joined:Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Re: Dash info.

Postby CGB » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Hello Almcl,
If you wish to email me, I will let you know. regards, Chris.

chrisbartram@talktalk.net

User avatar
almcl

Member
Posts:775
Joined:Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:56 pm
Location:Shropshire

Re: Dash info.

Postby almcl » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Email sent.

Did you get it?
Al McL
'93 XJS 4.0 - '20 XF 2.0 Sportbrake


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest