Page 1 of 1

New to X Type

Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:25 pm
by bobhayne
Hi Everyone!
Although I am new to the X Type I have been a member nearly since the Club was started (841). Had loads of different Jags: 2 x '63 3.8 Mk2, 3 x 4.2 Ser 2 XJs, 4.2 D/Sov Ser 2, 420G, '66 3.8 S Type, 4.2 Ser 3 XJ, XJ40, and now have '97 4L XK8 Conv and 06 2L X Type Est.
Needed estate as we now have two Dogs! X Type is metallic green/beige SE with Sat Nav, auto lights/wipers, reverse park and ice cold air con. Car was a one owner leased vehicle with about 85K but is very clean and smart. I just love the colour! :D
Look forward to attending a few more meetings/rallies this next year and hope to meet up with some of you there!
Cheers and happy motoring!
Bob

Re: New to X Type

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:49 pm
by xtypebod
Hello Bob,

Hi I am Tony Murrell the new X TYPE co-ordinator, I have a 2007 2.2 X TYPE estate and would welcome you to the X type Forum. I have yet to get my feet under the table but am very pleased to hear from you keep in touch and let me know if I can be of any help.
We have now launched our new web site and will be informing you of all the activities for the future, including an X Type Forum meeting which we hope you will attend.
Cheers Tony

Re: New to X Type

Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:06 pm
by cotoole
Hi All. I am still trying to decide whether to keep my 05 2.od X Type which I have 1 year now.

Would any one be kind enough to have a telephone copnversation with me re same as it is rather tedious exchanging emails and difficult to say everything I need tgo on the forum.

I would just like to ask someone with the knowlege of the X Type a few queries as regards expected repairs and teh cost of same over the next few years, how long the X type wil last etc.

Any replies very much appreciated. I can call anyone so no cost encurred to you.

Many Thanks
Chris

Re: New to X Type

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:24 pm
by xtypebod
Welcome to our forum site