Scottish highlands jag
Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight
-
Ardelvejag
- Posts:1
- Joined:Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:12 pm
Hi all, thank you for letting me join, quick question, will my x type pass an MOT with a leaping cat on the bonnet ( spring loaded ). Cheers all
- RichardSEL
- Posts:845
- Joined:Thu May 26, 2016 6:29 pm
Re: Scottish highlands jag
If it came from the factory that way, or is a Jaguar-approved add-on for that model probably OK
If an aftermarket addition, and it seems from your question it probably is, probably not
Probably
If an aftermarket addition, and it seems from your question it probably is, probably not
Probably
Gone: '59 Mark I, '56 Mark VIIM, '59 Mark IX, '01 XJ8 Sovereign 4L LWB, '01 XJ8 Sport 3.2L, '01 XJ8 Exec 3.2L
Current: '03 Strange Rover L322
Completing re-trim: '73 Owen Sedanca 4.2L
Now being re-built: '61 Mark IX with 4.2L
Current: '03 Strange Rover L322
Completing re-trim: '73 Owen Sedanca 4.2L
Now being re-built: '61 Mark IX with 4.2L
Re: Scottish highlands jag
It didn't come from the factory like that so it's not official. It will depend on how far back from the leading edge of the bonnet it is mounted and more relevantly, what frame of mind you catch the MoT tester!
Good luck
Paul
Good luck
Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
-
only1pearson458

- Posts:28
- Joined:Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:55 pm
leaper
Hello,
I have had spring loaded leapers on my last 2 X Types, I checked with the local police, they told me if it passes the mot then it is legal. So 8 years later I have never had a problem. Good luck.
I have had spring loaded leapers on my last 2 X Types, I checked with the local police, they told me if it passes the mot then it is legal. So 8 years later I have never had a problem. Good luck.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest