Having being the proud owner of a 2004 2.5 SE automatic estate I like many other lamented the passing of the X type into the history books. I have agonised over whether to keep my 2.5 or replace it with one of the last diesel engined estates produced.
I worried about whether a new diesel would be smooth enough after the V6, would it belch out smoke and sound like a tractor / Vauxhall of some sort?
After driving a 2.2 diesel I cannot believe I agonised as long as I did - they are smooth, responsive and quiet. Why Jaguar have stopped making such an accomplished vehicle is completely beyond me.
Needless to say I purchased the vehicle I drove - a 2009 Lazuli blue 2.2 SE automatic estate (ex Jaguar management).
I am touring around the Lake District for a week in February in my new X Type....I can't wait!
Just purchased 2nd X - Type
Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight
Shame about the X type production ending but generally 8 years is a very good innings and as I understand it Jaguar wanted to move into the more expensive market with less volume....hence the XF although there will be a model coming out at under £30k from what I have heard
.
Yours sounds like a very nice car and the Lakes are a fantastic place to visit.
Im on my 2nd Jag too...my 1st Jag was an 2002 X type 3.0 Sport in Quartz with Cranberry seats which I had for 4 years.
If things plan out all my future cars will be Jags.
PS Dont forget to have a pint of Jennings Sneck Lifter made in Cockermouth in the Lake District...best pint in the world!
.
Yours sounds like a very nice car and the Lakes are a fantastic place to visit.
Im on my 2nd Jag too...my 1st Jag was an 2002 X type 3.0 Sport in Quartz with Cranberry seats which I had for 4 years.
If things plan out all my future cars will be Jags.
PS Dont forget to have a pint of Jennings Sneck Lifter made in Cockermouth in the Lake District...best pint in the world!

BuckMR2,
'07 X350 LWB Sovereign TDVi,
MAPPED,2008Grille,Stainless Bumper Grille,Piped leather,REDSTUFF CERAMIC PADS,20"Calistos,2010Nav
Kitchen Sink etc
2nd X Type
I too have just bought a second X Type,a 2.2 SE Auto diesel that is superb! I was sceptical about buying another after Jaguar's decision to stop production but I am glad that I did. Well kitted out, smooth, quick and 40mpg too! 
2nd X Type
Just to give you all an update on my new 2.2D SE Auto - It is running perfectly and I am very pleased with it
Still getting over 40mpg too! Why oh why did Jaguar decide to stop making such a beatifull, well-equiped, quiet, reliable car that competes directly with the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes C Class? 
-
warren1968
- Posts:4
- Joined:Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:50 am
After 5 months of ownership my estate is just fantastic, only problems being a replacement drivers door lock and a 'softwear upgrade' to rectify the message centre telling me the car needed servicing when it didn't.
The more I drive it the better it gets, every journey is a pleasure, exactly what a Jaguar should be.
The more I drive it the better it gets, every journey is a pleasure, exactly what a Jaguar should be.
-
warren1968
- Posts:4
- Joined:Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:50 am
After 5 months of ownership my estate is just fantastic, only problems being a replacement drivers door lock and a 'softwear upgrade' to rectify the message centre telling me the car needed servicing when it didn't.
The more I drive it the better it gets, every journey is a pleasure, exactly what a Jaguar should be.
The more I drive it the better it gets, every journey is a pleasure, exactly what a Jaguar should be.
-
warren1968
- Posts:4
- Joined:Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:50 am
After 5 months of ownership my estate is just fantastic, only problems being a replacement drivers door lock and a 'softwear upgrade' to rectify the message centre telling me the car needed servicing when it didn't.
The more I drive it the better it gets, every journey is a pleasure, exactly what a Jaguar should be.
The more I drive it the better it gets, every journey is a pleasure, exactly what a Jaguar should be.
Re: Just purchased 3rd x type 2.2 auto sovereign
Once read that you would only ever own one x type as they weren't that good I am now on my 3rd x type a 2.2 auto sovereign 2009 with 12,300 miles purchased 15/3/13.
First x type a 2005 2.0 ltr diesel se model with 26,292 miles bought oct 2007. Only problem was a split turbo hose, sold with 46,000 miles done in oct 2011. Was bought with new tyres and were good for another 5000 miles.
Purchased 2008 s model 2.2 auto with 13,250 miles decided to sell this one and save for the new x type replacement but after 6 weeks without a car decided to look for another vehicle driven an a4, mondeo, focus, bmw 318 had to go for another x type as the xf model is rather on the large side so traveled some 240 miles to purchase 2.2 auto sovereign in ionian blue with ivory trim it was a pleasure driving back up the road. I am a bit disappointed that the new x type replacement hasn't come out sooner as this will be my last jaguar as I am getting on a bit now and am enjoying my new x type (it is not a Mondeo!)
I must thank the staff at stratstone bolton especially jon greenwood.
First x type a 2005 2.0 ltr diesel se model with 26,292 miles bought oct 2007. Only problem was a split turbo hose, sold with 46,000 miles done in oct 2011. Was bought with new tyres and were good for another 5000 miles.
Purchased 2008 s model 2.2 auto with 13,250 miles decided to sell this one and save for the new x type replacement but after 6 weeks without a car decided to look for another vehicle driven an a4, mondeo, focus, bmw 318 had to go for another x type as the xf model is rather on the large side so traveled some 240 miles to purchase 2.2 auto sovereign in ionian blue with ivory trim it was a pleasure driving back up the road. I am a bit disappointed that the new x type replacement hasn't come out sooner as this will be my last jaguar as I am getting on a bit now and am enjoying my new x type (it is not a Mondeo!)
I must thank the staff at stratstone bolton especially jon greenwood.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests