I am currently breaking a 1992 3.2 XJ6, nice interior with leccy seats, mot fail on sills, and a 1994 3.2 GOLD, Kingfisher and Doe, mot fail on just about everytning, pm me if you want prices for anything, all cheap and tested before removal and sale
SPARES FOR 1994 and 1992 XJ40's
Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag
1991 XJ40 3.2 Auto Noisy back axle
Hi robv12,
I'm looking for a replacement output shaft with nice quiet bearings to fit back into my XJ40, to hopefully cure the "drone" i've had whilst driving. Can you help?
I might even need the other side too!
The car is currently up on axle stands with the N/S output Shaft - and bearings that rumble - laying in the garage. I'm trying the "process of elimination approach" but don't have an endless supply of cash.
Regards, Jona29.
I'm looking for a replacement output shaft with nice quiet bearings to fit back into my XJ40, to hopefully cure the "drone" i've had whilst driving. Can you help?
I might even need the other side too!
The car is currently up on axle stands with the N/S output Shaft - and bearings that rumble - laying in the garage. I'm trying the "process of elimination approach" but don't have an endless supply of cash.
Regards, Jona29.
hi there, firstly are you sure it is the half shaft bearings??, diffs on 40's can get noisy as can centre prop bearings
the half shaft bearing will come and go as you load the car car up on corners
that said i have what you need, currently still attached to a car
do you want to collect or have delivered, i am near berwick upon tweed, TD14 5LU
hope this helps
Rob
the half shaft bearing will come and go as you load the car car up on corners
that said i have what you need, currently still attached to a car
do you want to collect or have delivered, i am near berwick upon tweed, TD14 5LU
hope this helps
Rob
XJ40 3.2 Auto - Noisey back axle
hi Robv12,
I'm fairly sure the output shaft bearings are rumbling as i've removed them, and they feel rough when I turn them. But whether they're the cause of the "drone" im not so sure now, cos i don't recall the cornering having any effect on the noise. Thinking about it, accelerating and de-accelerating did seem to have an effect, but again im not sure, hence the "process of elimination" approach.
I've got two Kelsey Books I've been working with - XJ40 Buying and Maintenance, and XJ40 Engineering - aswell as the Haynes Manual.
I've been following the steps taken by a Peter Simpson in the buying and Maintenance book to cure the noisey back axle he had on his then car F103 ARP. Im at the stage now where he simply put in replacement shafts and it was cured.
I've today took the same output shaft out of the original axle I have laying in the garage to see if the bearings on that one were any better, but they're not.
Im not too far away from Berwick on Tweed, in Cramlington. Would it be ok to bring the shafts up sometime for you to have a look, then take it from there?
Regards, Jona29.
I'm fairly sure the output shaft bearings are rumbling as i've removed them, and they feel rough when I turn them. But whether they're the cause of the "drone" im not so sure now, cos i don't recall the cornering having any effect on the noise. Thinking about it, accelerating and de-accelerating did seem to have an effect, but again im not sure, hence the "process of elimination" approach.
I've got two Kelsey Books I've been working with - XJ40 Buying and Maintenance, and XJ40 Engineering - aswell as the Haynes Manual.
I've been following the steps taken by a Peter Simpson in the buying and Maintenance book to cure the noisey back axle he had on his then car F103 ARP. Im at the stage now where he simply put in replacement shafts and it was cured.
I've today took the same output shaft out of the original axle I have laying in the garage to see if the bearings on that one were any better, but they're not.
Im not too far away from Berwick on Tweed, in Cramlington. Would it be ok to bring the shafts up sometime for you to have a look, then take it from there?
Regards, Jona29.
have you got........
Hi there Rob,
My multi changer for my '94 xj40 won't spin or read there is a disc so i was wondering if you one one for sale?
Regards
Kevin
My multi changer for my '94 xj40 won't spin or read there is a disc so i was wondering if you one one for sale?
Regards
Kevin
CD CHANGER
Not at the moment, but I have one in at the repairers right now being reconditiond, will come with new loading motor and laser, 12 months g'tee too, better than all the ebay "workrd when removed" which don't work ones!!, not as cheap though, 125.00 inc recorded and insured postage if you need
blimey thanks for the fast reply, let me know when it comes back and i could well be chucking some money your way.
On another note i have been trying to get hold of the clip that hold the headlight bulb in place i noticed mine is missing and my beam pattern is up the swanney. I have tried david manners and it isn't some they sell. I also have two cracked headlight lenses (rectangle style) do you have any of those for sale?
Kind Regards
Kev
On another note i have been trying to get hold of the clip that hold the headlight bulb in place i noticed mine is missing and my beam pattern is up the swanney. I have tried david manners and it isn't some they sell. I also have two cracked headlight lenses (rectangle style) do you have any of those for sale?
Kind Regards
Kev
Kev, it just happened i was on the forum at the time, best way to get me is on rob.jenner@tiscali.co.uk, or 07747 130139, I'll let you know when the unit comes back, they take a week or three to fix
re your headlights, if you have cracked lenses, the headlights are u/s the lenses are not a seperate item, new ones are a horrible price, and seconhand ones aften have the rear fixings broken on removal so be careful what you buy
not quite sure which clip you mean, the circular wire jobbie that holds the bulb in??
re your headlights, if you have cracked lenses, the headlights are u/s the lenses are not a seperate item, new ones are a horrible price, and seconhand ones aften have the rear fixings broken on removal so be careful what you buy
not quite sure which clip you mean, the circular wire jobbie that holds the bulb in??
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
