Hi
I'm prepared to pay good money for a nice car without corrosion and rust all over, and one that has been on the road and not "stored" for 10 years.
What have you got?
Preference for an X300 but might consider a nice X308 too.
Thanks
Angus
Wanted; Good X300 XJR (Auto Or Manual) or Mint X308
Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag
-
urquattrogus

- Posts:5
- Joined:Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:13 am
Re: Wanted; Good X300 XJR (Auto Or Manual) or Mint X308
Hi Angus, not sure if you would consider a really nice XJ40 Sovereign, which would fit your bill. It is solid, very tidy and been on the road continuously throughout its life. Was last MoT'd in August last year. Unfortunately the owner then passed away very suddenly so I have been helping to try and clear some of the estate. The car has been in the possession of this owner for the last 30 years.
It is based up un Aberdeenshire and is scheduled to go off to auction soon, as there been no serious interest from the Enthusiast community to my adverts.
If you want more information, send me an email to my Modern XK email address, which you can find in the Enthusiast magazine.
Regards
Jim Mann
Modern XK Section Coordinator
It is based up un Aberdeenshire and is scheduled to go off to auction soon, as there been no serious interest from the Enthusiast community to my adverts.
If you want more information, send me an email to my Modern XK email address, which you can find in the Enthusiast magazine.
Regards
Jim Mann
Modern XK Section Coordinator
Jim Mann
Banchory
Banchory
-
j.l.hodgkinson77971

- Posts:2
- Joined:Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:29 pm
Re: Wanted; Good X300 XJR (Auto Or Manual) or Mint X308
I have a sound X300 XJR auto - not perfect and could ideally do with a respray, but runs well, mine for 17 years. Done lots of work, ie rebuilt front suspension, body repairs, brake and fuel pipes, custom high flow exhaust with standard rear boxes so not loud, 4.1:1 rear end fitted, so very fast.
I now have two small children so don't have the time to put into it at the moment, so could be interested in selling for the right price, or be tempted to swap for a good XJS.
High mileage at 186K but the mechanicals on these are not an issue and I've always fully maintained it myself with good quality oil etc. regular use is good for them!
Very good project / entry point - I'm based in Leyland
I now have two small children so don't have the time to put into it at the moment, so could be interested in selling for the right price, or be tempted to swap for a good XJS.
High mileage at 186K but the mechanicals on these are not an issue and I've always fully maintained it myself with good quality oil etc. regular use is good for them!
Very good project / entry point - I'm based in Leyland
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest