Radiator Support Bracket
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:54 am
Hi, I am currently driving my 6th Jag (3rd XJ40).
The car is a 1991 Jaguar 4 litre Soveriegn automatic.
I had a problem with a leaking washer bottle & whilst crawling about under the front of the car, I noticed that the crossmember bracket supporting the water cooling radiator had rotted right through and virtually dissapeared. This meant that the radiator was only supported by the pipes and had dropped around 1/2" possibly damaging a screen washer pipe in the process. I wasn't able to assertain where the bracket should have been connected to or whether it is a bolt on or welded component. Is this a common XJ40 problem and is it terminal. Everything else under the front end seems solid. I gave the engine cross member a few hard taps with a spanner and it looked and sounded solid. Are these parts still available anywhere and what are they called. I would value any guidance as I am very attached to my Jag and would hate this to be the end of a wonderful relationship.
An early reply would be very much appreciated
Thanks very much
Paul
The car is a 1991 Jaguar 4 litre Soveriegn automatic.
I had a problem with a leaking washer bottle & whilst crawling about under the front of the car, I noticed that the crossmember bracket supporting the water cooling radiator had rotted right through and virtually dissapeared. This meant that the radiator was only supported by the pipes and had dropped around 1/2" possibly damaging a screen washer pipe in the process. I wasn't able to assertain where the bracket should have been connected to or whether it is a bolt on or welded component. Is this a common XJ40 problem and is it terminal. Everything else under the front end seems solid. I gave the engine cross member a few hard taps with a spanner and it looked and sounded solid. Are these parts still available anywhere and what are they called. I would value any guidance as I am very attached to my Jag and would hate this to be the end of a wonderful relationship.
An early reply would be very much appreciated
Thanks very much
Paul