Page 1 of 1

1996 Daimler Double Six heating

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:38 pm
by tom.murray88413
Hi all,



I have a 1996 Daimler Double Six that seems to be the gift that keeps on giving. Every time I fix a problem a new one appears.


the heating has stopped working. Fans and blowers working fine but no hot air comes out. I’m looking for easy fixes before I take the plunge and lob more money into her.


Thanks for looking

Re: 1996 Daimler Double Six heating

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:47 am
by cafcpete
The most likely culprit is the heater pump. This is an electric pump that runs continuously. Because of this, the carbon brushes can get warn down. On the 6cly it’s easy to get to, but not so sure on the 12! Try hitting the pump, that can make it work temporarily, and confirm that it’s the problem!

http://www.jagrepair.com/HeaterPumpMotor.htm
3FA4C902-8BB5-4FBB-AAA9-74957A31B423.png