1996 Daimler Double Six heating

Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag

tom.murray88413
Posts:6
Joined:Wed May 08, 2019 8:36 pm
1996 Daimler Double Six heating

Postby tom.murray88413 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:38 pm

Hi all,



I have a 1996 Daimler Double Six that seems to be the gift that keeps on giving. Every time I fix a problem a new one appears.


the heating has stopped working. Fans and blowers working fine but no hot air comes out. I’m looking for easy fixes before I take the plunge and lob more money into her.


Thanks for looking

cafcpete

Member
Posts:150
Joined:Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:37 pm
Location:S.E London

Re: 1996 Daimler Double Six heating

Postby cafcpete » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:47 am

The most likely culprit is the heater pump. This is an electric pump that runs continuously. Because of this, the carbon brushes can get warn down. On the 6cly it’s easy to get to, but not so sure on the 12! Try hitting the pump, that can make it work temporarily, and confirm that it’s the problem!

http://www.jagrepair.com/HeaterPumpMotor.htm
3FA4C902-8BB5-4FBB-AAA9-74957A31B423.png
1996 Jaguar XJR6(auto)
2002 Jaguar X350 4.2(auto)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests