Page 1 of 1

Paint repair / Paint code / Trim code

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:22 pm
by DAGJAG
Hello,
my 1995 X300 has paint code HFL (Spruce Green - mica) and Trim code AGD (oatmeal) but another trim code JK is mentioned on the VIN plate. Will JK be a code for the leather seat piping colour or something else? If anyone knows what JK stands for then kindly let me know.

Also, I'm having damaged exterior paintwork touched up/ repaired - OSR wheel arch paint broken through to metal about 1 inch damage by accident in car park, scraped sill, damage along NSR door at window above door handle and laquer peel on bumper. I want to ensure the paint matches. I'm having an independent Jaguar garage do the work - is there anything I should be asking to ensure best colour match and longevity for the work. I believe Jaguar applied about 10 factory coats - what would be reasonable for repair i.e. primer, HFL coat and Lacquer coat?

Thank you.

DAGJAG