Page 1 of 1

Door opening

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:56 pm
by PauliePorg
Need help! Although the locking mechanism usually works fine on my doors, pulling up the handle thereafter DOESN'T always open the drivers door. I frequently have to use my walking stick on the inside handle via the rear door. The actual handle seems to pull up far enough but the bit inside the door doesn't seem to release. This can happen on all the doors (if you are really lucky!) and you can't get in. I don't have to lock my car where it is parked at home so I can leave a window down but it is a bit of a bu--er if out and about. Seemingly once it is used a few times, the problem seems to go away. If then left for a while without use, however, I am back to the walking stick if away from home. Hopefully someone has found a cure for this ... it cannot only be me, surely? Many thanks, in advance!

Re: Door opening

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:48 pm
by Brakebuster
I'm afraid you need to get the locks and mechanisms lubricated and worked a few times

simple maintenance to be honest , also do the hinges for the door , bonnet and boot lid , with white grease ,

BB

Re: Door opening

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:34 pm
by ptjs1
Moved to Bodywork section