Air con not working?
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:09 pm
I don't think my air con works as it doesn't blow cold air. I just want to make sure that the system is working as it sould before I get the thing regassed.
I had a look at the air con compressor after the car had been running for a while. It was very hot today so I expected the compressor to start fairly quickly. I'm not familliar with this car's a/c compressor, but I've fiddled about with another car's. I was hoping to see the end part of the compressor (nearest the radiator/beyond the pulley) clamp down on the pulley as the clutch is engaged. If that is not the way this thing works, please enlighten me.
Also, is there a test button on the climate control panel that can indicate if something is not working?
Basically, I'm just looking for a checklist to work through to make sure the a/c will work.
Thanks in advance.
I had a look at the air con compressor after the car had been running for a while. It was very hot today so I expected the compressor to start fairly quickly. I'm not familliar with this car's a/c compressor, but I've fiddled about with another car's. I was hoping to see the end part of the compressor (nearest the radiator/beyond the pulley) clamp down on the pulley as the clutch is engaged. If that is not the way this thing works, please enlighten me.
Also, is there a test button on the climate control panel that can indicate if something is not working?
Basically, I'm just looking for a checklist to work through to make sure the a/c will work.
Thanks in advance.