'Yelping' noise after water splash
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:28 pm
Hello!
I don't know if this is the right subforum for this problem, but I'll try here
So, as it has been raining quite heavily recently I got quite a few occasions of driving through water in larger puddles. And this is what I noticed:
Every time I pass through this deep water - deep enough to make a good splash (it is no big deal to find some rivers running right on the road surface now) - right after or in a little while I would hear this 'yelping' noise very similar to one that you'd hear from a car with manual transmission with worn out clutch disk (or whatever part it is
). It would go away once all water 'dries' out. And it is only heard after heavily splashing under the car with water - on dry days be it cold or hot it never appears, even on wet days if it is just rainy with no big puddles. I mean, you have to splash it quite a bit to hear.
Any suggestions what can that be? Is it normal or not really to have that?
I don't know if this is the right subforum for this problem, but I'll try here
So, as it has been raining quite heavily recently I got quite a few occasions of driving through water in larger puddles. And this is what I noticed:
Every time I pass through this deep water - deep enough to make a good splash (it is no big deal to find some rivers running right on the road surface now) - right after or in a little while I would hear this 'yelping' noise very similar to one that you'd hear from a car with manual transmission with worn out clutch disk (or whatever part it is
Any suggestions what can that be? Is it normal or not really to have that?