My X350, which is a July 05 model came up with this error message in about December 06. It was fixed under warranty.
It has now re-occurred and I am given to understand that it is a sensor fault in the brake servo which calls for a replacement of the whole unit at a substantial price. No contribution can be obtained from Jaguar.
The fault is not intermittent.
Has anyone any pertinent comments/advice, please?
Malcolm
DSC Not Available
Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag
The X 350 is closely related to the S-type so the following may help.
I have often found that disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes will clear the computor gear of erronious fault codes. Make sure you have the radio code handy upon reconnection and also reset the clock. Doing this action is the same as having a garage clear fault codes via an Autologic or similar unit.
My S-type became clogged with error codes when I had a throttle body fault. Having fitted a new unit, I performed the above action.
It took a day of driving for the car to settle down a bit after my electronic clear down. Locking was improved and the fuel average/instant etc cleared properly to zero which could not be previously achieved.
It may be worth trying the above action and perhaps start from a known point. Erronious code faults are not unknown. We know of one case where a failed spark plug caused a "fail safe" message on the dash and also the MIL check engine lamp to illuminate. Our cars can be very fickle on occasions and one has to learn to read between the lines.
In addition, if my car develops a fault, I`ll always check and clean the multiplug nearest the faulty unit. I do that before any other action. Minor corrosion can cause havock with our voltage greedy and reliant systems and services. Often that action gets things going again. Sometimes the infered fault ain`t what it says it is!
If your fault persists after trying the above, then a trip to a good indipendant Jaguar garage may be worth considering.
Mike Kennedy. S-type Coordinator.
I have often found that disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes will clear the computor gear of erronious fault codes. Make sure you have the radio code handy upon reconnection and also reset the clock. Doing this action is the same as having a garage clear fault codes via an Autologic or similar unit.
My S-type became clogged with error codes when I had a throttle body fault. Having fitted a new unit, I performed the above action.
It took a day of driving for the car to settle down a bit after my electronic clear down. Locking was improved and the fuel average/instant etc cleared properly to zero which could not be previously achieved.
It may be worth trying the above action and perhaps start from a known point. Erronious code faults are not unknown. We know of one case where a failed spark plug caused a "fail safe" message on the dash and also the MIL check engine lamp to illuminate. Our cars can be very fickle on occasions and one has to learn to read between the lines.
In addition, if my car develops a fault, I`ll always check and clean the multiplug nearest the faulty unit. I do that before any other action. Minor corrosion can cause havock with our voltage greedy and reliant systems and services. Often that action gets things going again. Sometimes the infered fault ain`t what it says it is!
If your fault persists after trying the above, then a trip to a good indipendant Jaguar garage may be worth considering.
Mike Kennedy. S-type Coordinator.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

