New Alternator, but no charge and blowing fuse?
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:23 pm
Hi
X300 LWB with 4.0
I bought and had fitted a new alternator this week as the battery stopped taking charge (battery is fine), which was fairly logical. Sadly, the battery is still not charging. After a bit of googling the mechanic and I came across checking Fuse10 which is blown, in the right hand engine bay fuse box labelled up as "IGN CONTROL (LOW CURRENT). We replaced, cranked again and it blew the new fuse.
I just wondered if anyone has had similar? The fuse blow could be entirely unrelated, but perhaps not?
The only other thing to mention is that I've recently replaced a failed body processor module. This was diagnosed after no crank and the gear leaver being stuck in "P". I'm pretty sure unrelated but possibly!
Any help/advice would begratefully received!
Best wishes
Andrew
X300 LWB with 4.0
I bought and had fitted a new alternator this week as the battery stopped taking charge (battery is fine), which was fairly logical. Sadly, the battery is still not charging. After a bit of googling the mechanic and I came across checking Fuse10 which is blown, in the right hand engine bay fuse box labelled up as "IGN CONTROL (LOW CURRENT). We replaced, cranked again and it blew the new fuse.
I just wondered if anyone has had similar? The fuse blow could be entirely unrelated, but perhaps not?
The only other thing to mention is that I've recently replaced a failed body processor module. This was diagnosed after no crank and the gear leaver being stuck in "P". I'm pretty sure unrelated but possibly!
Any help/advice would begratefully received!
Best wishes
Andrew