non starting

Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag

gregxjr40
Posts:4
Joined:Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:09 am
Location:brandon suffolk
non starting

Postby gregxjr40 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:55 pm

help my 1990 my xjr40A will not start when engine warm, starts on the button when cold but pop to the garage for a pint of milk and i`m stranded when i come out. tried wriggling wires & selecting gears etc then all of a sudden she starts. any ideas?

User avatar
robv12

Member
Posts:2080
Joined:Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:11 am
Location:scottish borders

Postby robv12 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:57 pm

does she turn over and not fire??, or just not turn over??


gregxjr40
Posts:4
Joined:Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:09 am
Location:brandon suffolk

Postby gregxjr40 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:05 pm

does she turn over and not fire??, or just not turn over hi she turns over fine but just wont fire there is no smell of petrol also if i leave the bonnet open to cool the engine she will start perfectly after 20 mins

nortonjaguar1
Posts:8
Joined:Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:15 am
Location:Stockport

Non start

Postby nortonjaguar1 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:18 pm

Hello, may I suggest that you take a look at my final post under the heading 'Engine starts and idles etc'. From my investigations and testing I would recommend replacing the crank position sensor. Hope this helps.

Hugh.

nortonjaguar1
Posts:8
Joined:Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:15 am
Location:Stockport

Non start

Postby nortonjaguar1 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:19 pm

Hello, may I suggest that you take a look at my final post under the heading 'Engine starts and idles etc'. From my investigations and testing I would recommend replacing the crank position sensor. Hope this helps.

Hugh.

nortonjaguar1
Posts:8
Joined:Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:15 am
Location:Stockport

Non start

Postby nortonjaguar1 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:20 pm

Hello, may I suggest that you take a look at my final post under the heading 'Engine starts and idles etc'. From my investigations and testing I would recommend replacing the crank position sensor. Hope this helps.

Hugh.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest