Page 1 of 1

New Toy!

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:57 pm
by Popsjag
My latest acquisition! :D :D

Re: New Toy!

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:53 pm
by PeterDavisX300
Wow, that really is a nice car. I thought I'd done well to find my 3.2 with a virtually perfect underside and only 75k miles, but this is a treasure. Cruise control as well, mine had the 20 spoke wheels on it but they were past their best, so I refurbished a set of 10 spoke 'Starburst'. I've just finished fitting a full Stainless Steel Exhaust System.
DSCF3842.JPG
DSCF4355.JPG

Re: New Toy!

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:30 pm
by Popsjag
Cheers Peter.

Your's looks a tidy specimen.

Will you be bringing it to Western Day?

Re: New Toy!

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:40 pm
by thejpster
It's a 3.2, and given it has leather and cruise but no B-pillar chrome, I'm guessing it's an Executive?

Love the colour.

Re: New Toy!

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:54 pm
by Popsjag
Only have 'green slip' at present, but badge on boot just says XJ6.
Surprised just how smooth and quiet it is compared to my 4ltr green one (245,000 miles on clock!).

Re: New Toy!

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:31 pm
by PeterDavisX300
Unfortunately I'll not manage Western Day I'm very busy at work. I'm also North of Inverness!

Re: New Toy!

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:33 pm
by naki
somehow one is never enough?
looks decent as you would expect for that kind of mileage. you did well to find such a youngster.
Were you searching for another, or a must have impulse buy? or like the rest of us trawl the net looking at motors everyday regardless!

Re: New Toy!

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:53 am
by Popsjag
Naki,

I was searching for something better than my present one, but didn't want to move from an X300!

It needs the bottom of front wings doing (some tiny bubbles appearing), front of inner sills are 'crunchy', front discs (bad vibration on braking hard) and rear A frame bushes.