Page 1 of 1
ANOTHER TWO GONE
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:25 pm
by robv12
the current Mrs J is away for few days, this has enabled me to spend most of the little bit of good weather we have had up here outside busying myself with the spring clean up at Jenner Towers!!, no, "dinners ready, do this , do that", bliss in fact!!
so we got a 1995 V12 40 away to it's new owner on Saturday
and a couple of good days in between the showers pulling old G reg 4.0 to bits, this went away at 7.00pm last night, and I am 80 quid better off!! probably one of the rustiest 40's I have ever dealt with, if any one wants to see how bad a car with a current mot can be ask and I'll post some pictures

Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:28 am
by nashio966
Bwhahahahah all mine

(RKV that is)
Here she is after a quick rinse down and clean
And squeezed into her new home (nice sealed heated garage)

Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:47 pm
by thejpster
Blimey! I take it that was pre-measured?
I'm house hunting at the moment and LWB-friendly garages, or even detached garages you can extend a couple of feet, are rather hard to come by.
Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:56 pm
by nashio966
Erm - for my sins, no. I saw her, fell in love and put a deposit down before I thought with my head and measured the garage....
I have 4" room to play with, I'm going to fit a mirror or something at an angle so I can see how far away the front bumper is when parking her up.
Mother Isn't too impressed that she cant get into the garage loft without going outside and opening the main garage door though....

Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:35 pm
by dhdove
Nashio
Try hanging a tennis ball from the ceiling so it touches the windscreen at the required spot
TonyS
Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:56 pm
by nashio966
I say! That's a jolly good idea!!! (though I must admit I did just spend a minute thinking, hang on, what's the joke I'm missing!)

Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:04 am
by thejpster
I couldn't find a tennis ball, so I have a garden glove on a string. Works just as well! That and a wooden beam on the floor resting against two (flattened) bags of cement mix.
Of course, the X300 LWB is a good two feet longer than the space I've got, so it's the Rover that stays warm and dry while the poor Jaguar gets cold and wet.
Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:31 pm
by dhdove
Thejpster
Did you hang your garden glove by a finger so it displayed the classic Police Stop hand signal as you approached?
TonyS
Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:58 pm
by poprivet
When I was a schoolboy, my dad used the 'ball on a string trick' in his garage.
That was fine until by brother and I thought it would be a good joke to move it 6 inches closer to the wall, I still remember that dent in his Vauxhall Viva chrome bumper

Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:08 pm
by J44EAG
I filled my Mothers wellies full of concrete and was made to walk to school for a month. A tad unfair then and I`m still traumatized by the experience.
My sister shut my fingers in the car door. I got her back but cutting off her pony tail in the "push me, pull you" Quelcast lawn mower. My bike got sequestrated for that.
Then I was told to fold up an enormous fold up couch/bed contraption designed by Professor Brainstorm. This was always great fun as you had to jump on a big lever which released a system of springs and rods. The thing would fly shut in a second. Unfortunately for the unseen sleeping cat under a blanket. My mother and I had to get the man from next door to help us open it again. The cat went all thin in the middle for a while having disappeared for a week in protest.
Mike