Page 1 of 1

Greetings!

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:38 pm
by Vonredbeard
Hello all, I'm Bob and I've just become the proud owner of one of my dream cars. She's a 1997 XJ6 4.0 Sovereign SWB in Black with about 119,000 miles on her. I'd describe her as condition 2 at present seeing as there is a wee bit of work to do in bringing her back to full health. First things first are 2 tyres and a balljoint for a fresh MOT.

H9 WAP came with no history but a cursory look over her tells a tale of neglect, so over the coming months she will be getting pampered! All the woes appear to be of a mechanical nature - for instance overcooling and overheating due to faulty thermostat and temp senders, plus a clunk from the front suspension which may go away when the balljoint is replaced. She does also need a full and complete service. On the plus side though I'm a trainee mechanic with access to quality facilities, her interior and exterior are in good to average condition (no rust, some scratches, average wear), pretty much everything electrical works, and she's a lovely old thing to waft about in.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with fellow owners, learning everything I can about the car to help me maintain and enjoy it, and attend some of the shows and events over the next year.

Many Thanks,
Bob

Image

Image

Re: Greetings!

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:42 pm
by J44EAG
Nice looking car, Bob.

The XJ certainly has presence especially in that colour.

You could be Arthur Daly or the Prime Minister in your car!

Enjoy it. It looks great.

Mike

Re: Greetings!

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:34 pm
by markcb73
Hi Bob, lovely looking car , I have the same model in blue, in my sixth year of owning her now, made tons of changes upgrades , they are great cars , any advice needed let me know, will try and help , just found out how to add pics as below and links to pics (small picture clickable) :o

Mark





Re: Greetings!

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:57 pm
by robv12
welcome and guess what I have a similar motor in my stable at the moment, although mine is a V12 6.0 SWB

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Greetings!

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:31 pm
by markcb73
great V12 , all very understated,

Re: Greetings!

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:42 am
by Vonredbeard
Ahhh... I wondered what was missing from that wee dookit where the fuses are!

Re: Greetings!

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:42 am
by thejpster
Snap again, although mine's a 3.2 and 4 inches longer.

Image

Re: Greetings!

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:32 am
by jBlackwell
As we are all showing our lovely x300's, here is Nina. A 4.0 ltr Sport, high mileage, but going well. Just serviced and now must get ready for MOT (upper wishbone bushes and steering damper bushes). Next I plan to tackle the rust (Wheel arch bubble) and get her resprayed.

Re: Greetings!

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:46 am
by J44EAG
This car belongs to Chris Lake, Portsmouth Region, Hon Secs.

4 litre Sport on gas conversion. Recent exhaust manifolds due to cracks and new water pump.

A very nice car and a pleasure to drive.
J300LAK.jpg
J300LAK.jpg (98.6KiB)Viewed 3155 times
Mike