Page 1 of 1

Interior restoration

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:40 pm
by markcb73
Hi im looking for a good leather interior person, that can repair worn drivers seat, cracks etc, anybody in Coventry area that could be recommeded would be great

thanks all
mark

Re: Interior restoration

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:29 am
by Anthony0559
Hi Mark,
I attended one of the seminars at Castle Bromwich last year.The guys from Furniture Clinic were in attendence and gave us a hands on demo on cleaning, repair and finishing of leather seats. Look them up in the club mag. They will sell you all the materials to do the job or one of their agents who are dotted all around the UK will do the job for you. Makes it look like new !!!
Regards, Anthony
P.S I dont work for them - I'm not even in the UK.!! :D

Re: Interior restoration

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:51 am
by robv12
yes I agree, the trim seminar was truly brilliant, gave me the confidence to have a go at my XJ40 seats, call the Furntiure Clinic

http://furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Re ... eshead.php

speak to Ben and say you are are in the JEC for your discounts as well

breat bunch of guys

Re: Interior restoration

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:20 pm
by Brakebuster
another option is to find a decent replacement in the right colour, as there are plenty of these cars being broken , and a seat should only cost £50 or so... ?

BB

Re: Interior restoration

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:35 pm
by J44EAG
Seat sets tend to be cheap as chips. People don`t have the space to store them and they get easily damaged. They just want rid of them! Advantage to the buyer.

I paid £100 for a slightly worn looking S-type Sport set last year. I then bought a £45 re dye kit from Furniture Clinic and refurbished in a day. Quick easy result and no tears before bed time. Well pleased.

Job was a good `en and much better than I had expected.

Mike

Re: Interior restoration

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:55 pm
by MARKPEARSON
One of my friends used the furniture clinic home kit and came to the conclusion that it worked much better when I followed the instructions the second time.

If you do need full seats/interior parts etc try euro jag they are on line and they do have lots of parts.

Best Regards Mark.

Re: Interior restoration

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:07 pm
by robv12
drivers seats for both 300 and 40 are now hard to find in good condition, I have not had a good one in any colour for a couple of years now, unless you want a beige one in cloth!!!

Re: Interior restoration

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:27 pm
by markcb73
Thanks all, I have got my self a DIY fixing kit from furniture clinic , and going well, filling cracks at minute , airbrush purchased as well so will apply dye over next few days, hole just covered and filled, really good repair products, now got a complete cream piped leather interior sitting in my garage ! eBay is calling I think :D

Re: Interior restoration

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:00 pm
by robv12
post some pics of work in progress and of course the finished article