Hi All,
I have an 4L Sovereign (straight six) LWB and its getting very little use due to high fuel costs. I am considering getting it converted to LPG. I have a Citroen Berlingo LPG van and I really would rather it than Diesel I average about 9p per mile! and so far not had any problems.
I have seen previous threads and Robs never seen a good install etc but........ its not rocket science and there must be good installers out there.
Can anybody recommend a good installer ??. I would rather pay than do it myself as if I am correct it should be certificated for insurance reasons.
We intend to keep the car after all what could we replace it with for the money. Car has done 72k genuine miles and its a shame its not getting used as it should.
Thanks for any help
LPG (again!)
Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag
Re: LPG (again!)
Hi, I own a XJ6 gold with LPG, just had it services by Aron Gas/Capital Gas 0208 9420334 at new Malden car runs like a bird now the guys are knowledgeable and friendly and it did not cost the earth. hope this helps. 
Re: LPG (again!)
My pal runs a 4 litre Sport with a tidy gas conversion.
It certainly runs well and in normal driving, I couldn`t tell the difference whether the car was on petrol or gas.
I believe higher combustion chamber temperatures are more likely when running on gas.
We recently had to replace both cast iron exhaust manifolds due to cracking and burn through. We wonder if the most likely cause of those failures could be due to elevated exhaust gas temperatures. I surmise that the effect could be similar to running a lean petrol mixture or advanced ignition timing.
Mike
It certainly runs well and in normal driving, I couldn`t tell the difference whether the car was on petrol or gas.
I believe higher combustion chamber temperatures are more likely when running on gas.
We recently had to replace both cast iron exhaust manifolds due to cracking and burn through. We wonder if the most likely cause of those failures could be due to elevated exhaust gas temperatures. I surmise that the effect could be similar to running a lean petrol mixture or advanced ignition timing.
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Re: LPG (again!)
Leeds LPG were very good. Did a conversion on my 4 ltr x300 LWB using AC Stag sequential system. They charged me £90 for a LPG service & re-program last year - ran sweet as a nut afterwards. Bought the program myself now, but not tried it yet! 
2003 X350 XJR - daily driver
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

